List Boat Launch open and closed

List Boat Launch open and closed

I am going to Sodus point Wednesday and try and go fishing.  I will start at the Coast Guard station launch and IF that is not open

I plan on checking first at the Rt 14 launch by Arnie's and from there I will head west and check Hughes and Bear creek if I must.

It would be nice if we kept a list of open and closed launch sites for members.

Dr W

Not to burst your bubble, but Friday and Saturday of this week they are calling for a lot more rain and that's the last thing you guys need!! On the way up to the lake we noticed the water running off the hillsides of the mountains, it's like the water just oozing out of the ground everywhere, the farmers fields just lay with water on top the ground. The ground is so saturated, the water is just running over the top!! I've mentioned this in other posts but I'll say it again. You can not explain to someone else how bad it is, untill you see it for yourself. I myself came up with knowingly Lake'O is under a state of emergency, that itself should be enough to say let's wait awhile, but water-boat what's to worry about?? WELL a state of emergency meas exactly that!! Best of luck to those with both fingers crossed they're lots more in the same shoes. In a very nice restaurant, there was a group of suit and tie dressed men talking about the reasons why they can't open the locks to let water out. With my ear dropping skills they were saying "WE" cannot get the Canadian's to agree with "us" to open the locks at all because Montreal is flooded already and if they agree with the US. To open the locks it would be catastrophic to Montreal, and would not agree to the locks being opened. There was another way to dump water out, but this other way would only lower the water level at less than a inch per week. Either way it seems that the water level is here to stay for a while.:sweating:.

47 minutes ago, MooseKnuckle VI said:

Is sackets open?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

When we left Tuesday it was still closed, due to road work. The water is up into the parking lot a good 10ft onto the blacktop. We drove down into muskellunge bay there were docks under the water.

36 minutes ago, Chas0218 said:

Long point state launch and Chaumont bay public launch were open last weekend.

As of Tuesday both launches were still open, you need hip boots to get to the docks, like rubber boots used to hunt in will still give you wet  feet. 

Edited by pap

When we left Tuesday it was still closed, due to road work. The water is up into the parking lot a good 10ft onto the blacktop. We drove down into muskellunge bay there were docks under the water.

I launched there Saturday... did they closed it for the week?? The water was in the lot then. When we launched the pier was an inch above the water line. When we got back only the cleats were showing.

- GBL

Um I personally believe that the road being tore up from the turn to and past the launch was the reason. The road was so cluttered with machines it would have been risky to have the launch open.

I have noticed for the state run launches you can go to google maps, zoom in on the park for example Oak Orchard Marine Park and click the link in the left had pain to get to the park website.  Heck you can just google the park name as well I am sure.  For Golden hill there is a banner across the page stating launch closed until further notice.  For Oak Orchard Marine Park there is nothing stating it is closed so I called the number.  It is Open BUT the water is past the concrete abutments so you need boots to get to the floating doc and a buddy in the boat when you launch or some waders.  Depending on your setup I would worry about rear axle getting water in in oil as well.  If you get best of luck and let us know how you do.

Capture1.JPG

The Rt 14 launch near Arnie's was open and we used that one

with the no wake rule it took 15 minutes to get the the light house and out fishing.

We went West and only hooked up one Atlantic Salmon about 8 lbs

Folks who went east did better!

Dr W

Main Street in Sackets is tore up... but the launch is open. My dad just swung by. The main launch is open and the secondary launch is closed. There were a few trailers in the lot, so some people got out today. Only the cleats are showing like I mentioned before.

IMG_5804.thumb.jpg.c4ed3cf3d513cb59084197965315e4ad.jpg

- GBL

Edited by greenboatluke

That's good, I don't know if I'd want to make the run at 6mph so you don't run a log through the hull or drive over a picnic table, LOL, I'm sure there are a lot of guys that don't scare easy, but I burn 8 of my 9 lives:lol: already!!

That's good, I don't know if I'd want to make the run at 6mph so you don't run a log through the hull or drive over a picnic table, LOL, I'm sure there are a lot of guys that don't scare easy, but I burn 8 of my 9 lives[emoji38] already!!

Picnic table LMAO... props aren't cheap either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sheared my transducer all to hell on the Hudson a few years ago, there is lots of timber floating just below the surface on that river. I believe that towns and villages are gearing up to shut down the holiday boat traffic before that turns into a **** show at the ramps, hope I'm wrong but it is predicted to keep rising.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wayne County Office of Tourism states on their fishing report which was updated this morning that both of the DEC launches on Port Bay are open contrary to what has been reported here recently.  Can anyone verify that they forgot to  put the word "not" in front of open.