Share your best LOU advice

Share your best LOU advice

People on this site are not only knowledgeable...but willing to share their advice and help others be successful.  I've learned so much, I don't even know where I'd start listing the best help I've received.  I've gotten some great fishing gear deals from guys, line and lure advice and great tips of the trade...One of the newest tips and help came from the Landshark last month:

Use metered line to help know how far out your line is if not using reels with line counters....(thanks again for sending me some) 

What are some things you've learned or deals you've got from LOU members? 

I would personally like to thank all the guys I bought fishing lures, reels, tree rod, down speed and temp units, basically my tackle box is a small part of others boxes that has allowed me to have triple or quadrupled my belongings to fish multi species at a cost that is almost unheard of. Buy belonging to this site I got to go to these trade shows that I never knew of before and have met differant guys who are the owners of a buisness that make lures, paint lures, sell differant products for fishing. Thanks to all that helped me get where I'm at today with the top of the line equipment at a fraction of the cost at big box store, if they even carry most of the stuff I buy, a lot is manufactured for Lake'O as many items work everywhere out of a box but the hand painted and designs are focused towards Lake'O species!! PAP.

Yeah don't know where to start. Like pap, I have bought lots of stuff from other guys who gave out advice freely whether private sales or at the swap meets. Plenty of people give ideas to help catch fish when people get frustrated not catching. Help with motors whether working on it yourself or who to take them to and get the best service.

I guess a couple of the biggest are the advice I have gotten by being an observer for tourney's and pre-fishing with them and probably Rick's (yankee troller) tips on setting up my FF to get close to max potential out of it. I say potential max as I am still messing with the settings.

My general advice would be this: Give careful thought to your questions before posting, keep in mind that there may be no single way of doing things that is the one and only correct way so you may receive multiple (but appropriate) answers to questions, be patient in your approach to fishing and pay careful attention to detail as you go along, weigh advice and information carefully and make your own conclusions about applying information to your own situation,  weed out the things that don't work based on your own experience and maintain or improve the things that do work, don't look for the "silver bullet", only technology, or the "easy answer"  to solve problems - actually get out there and try things out and experiment, and  keep an open mind and respect the rights of others to their opinions whether they agree with yours or not.:)

Edited by Sk8man

One of the best topics I've seen come through here in some time. As some have touched on, never underestimate the skill or expert traits others have on here. You may find some one does it better. Take everything in. Use what you think is best. Be respectful. Support the charter groups. They do so much for our fishery that sometimes I think we take it for granted. Don't leave fish to find fish! Realize the impact to a fisheries / area social media can have. Again, great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would say without a doubt the knowledge on here is second to none. Don't be afraid to ask a question because there are people that know the answer to any question and are willing to help out fellow fisherman. That's what it's all about and what makes this site so good.