thinking Cisco Holders (Cisco tracks or Traxtech?)

thinking Cisco Holders (Cisco tracks or Traxtech?)

Good Day, I searched the forum and all the replies are several years old. I thought I would ask the forum for some feedback. Going with Cisco rod holders and down rigger mounts. I have heard the Traxtech tracks are very good, maybe better then the Cisco tracks. Shall I just go 100 Cisco or replace the Cisco tracks with Traxtech? Or , is there so little difference it does not matter? Thanks for your feedback.

Not much difference in the two brands, either will hold up just fine. My boat already had Traxtech down the sides so I left it in place to hold my Cisco holders. I used Cisco track across the back of the boat. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had Cannon tracks on my old boat.  I put Ciscos on the new boat.  The Ciscos are better in my opinion because the corners of the track are machined to a nice rounded feel.  You won't catch clothes or skin on them.

Agree that Cisco's customer care is A++++!

JAM

Done! Cisco 100% Tracks, trees, dr mounts and rod holders. Yes, Dave has been great to work with. Only gotcha, my gunnels are thicker then his 1 3/4 mounting bolts and will require special order by me locally. No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Done! Cisco 100% Tracks, trees, dr mounts and rod holders. Yes, Dave has been great to work with. Only gotcha, my gunnels are thicker then his 1 3/4 mounting bolts and will require special order by me locally. No big deal.

I had the same problem with my gunnels had to get bigger screws also.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cisco **** is the cats ass.  Their machining is excellent.  And they seem to be very willing to work with each individual to accomplish that persons specific goals....making custom stuff if need be.  When I get my new boat it will be Cisco hardware all the way around.  Plus Ill be able to fold the cost into the monthly payment lol

• 2 weeks later...

Dave from Cisco knows what good customer service is. I've placed a few custom request orders to refurb some of my rod holders - and will be placing more - he's always been very accommodating. I have around 17 Cisco rod holders and I use Traxstech track (only because I already had the track before buying Cisco). I've tried them all and Cisco is what has stayed on my boats.

Yeah ummmmm, customer service at Traxstech sucks. I can count on two hands how many times he lied to me on why it was taking so long to build 6' mast's. I have no use for him.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters