I've run meat, spoons, flasher/fly but we don't have a fish hawk to get the down speed and temp but I've ran stuff from 40-120 fow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Don't know if it helps much but according to my fish hawk trolling west down speed was close to SOG within .1 or .2 at most, trolling east had to go about .3 SOG faster than intended down speed, didn't seem like there were crazy currents going on or anything where we were.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a strange day. The screens in 150-300 were just crazy, bait and fish everywhere. Just caught a a steelie and a coho on top, missed a few shots on the riggers... that was it. I don't get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Lots of sewage recently flushed out in lake. Add East winds in previous days rolling bottom in from the East. Add no wind or waves today. Add no current noticed based on your observations that down speed matched closely to SOG gps speed.  Add it all up and you probably have low O2 levels keeping fish negative to neutral. If you had wave action from a west wind you probably would have killed them. Trout and salmon have higher O2 needs than most fish. If you have ever tried to release a farm pond rainbow you will usually find them floating the next morning. Last night I was night trolling for walleyes in a calm East wind. The fish were there but the water had zero movement so the fish were neutral. We landed two but lost 15 or so.  They were just nipping. 

Lots of sewage recently flushed out in lake. Add East winds in previous days rolling bottom in from the East. Add no wind or waves today. Add no current noticed based on your observations that down speed matched closely to SOG gps speed.  Add it all up and you probably have low O2 levels keeping fish negative to neutral. If you had wave action from a west wind you probably would have killed them. Trout and salmon have higher O2 needs than most fish. If you have ever tried to release a farm pond rainbow you will usually find them floating the next morning. Last night I was night trolling for walleyes in a calm East wind. The fish were there but the water had zero movement so the fish were neutral. We landed two but lost 15 or so.  They were just nipping. 

I agree with them just nipping. I have one of those water wolf underwater cameras and after trolling all day of getting no bites i looked at the camera and had several fish check out my lures and just take a few strikes at them then just swim off

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishawk or smart troll is great ive used them. But let me tell you on my boat rigger wire angle and diver rod bends tells me all i need to know. Set your finder well enough you can learn to read thermoclines. If you are throwing everything out there and getting nothing 99% of the time is speed. If you mark the fish on the screen shooting to your riggers or where your divers are set and no hook , probably too fast. Then there is somedays fish just do not hit. Today was a tough bite all around. Remember those fish have also been in shallows feeding for 4 weeks now and making their way out to find territory, give them something different. Reef runners neon green and red dotted or fluorescent orange spoons on a chrome dodger , run some cheeter hooks on riggers. This is whats been working for me. Im no pro but if any of that helps great. Good luck ill be out tm.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishawk or smart troll is great ive used them. But let me tell you on my boat rigger wire angle and diver rod bends tells me all i need to know. Set your finder well enough you can learn to read thermoclines. If you are throwing everything out there and getting nothing 99% of the time is speed. If you mark the fish on the screen shooting to your riggers or where your divers are set and no hook , probably too fast. Then there is somedays fish just do not hit. Today was a tough bite all around. Remember those fish have also been in shallows feeding for 4 weeks now and making their way out to find territory, give them something different. Reef runners neon green and red dotted or fluorescent orange spoons on a chrome dodger , run some cheeter hooks on riggers. This is whats been working for me. Im no pro but if any of that helps great. Good luck ill be out tm.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Glad I grabbed my box of walleye cranks, will try some reef runners this morning thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app