Plug for Steelies and Salmon

I have found that they all work for the salmon and steelies, its just they are not generally found in the same areas at the same time.

I have hit it right once or twice and caught browns, steelies, cohos and kings all in the same area on the same rapala's. Black and silver, gold and orange.

The big 5" renosky stickbaits have been good to us at the bar in the spring. We take the front treble off and run them off the riggers 20' set back. Blue green , purple and pink, chartuse and silver, the mirror image all work

J-plugs work really well for Salmon and I've taken some dandy Steelhead on them as well. Bloody nose silver bullets and gree glow ladderbacks are 2 plugs I won't leave the dock without. Size 4 are better for Salmon and size 3 seen to take more steelhead. Not so hot for Browns though.

Glen

Hey Scott.

Good to hear from you. No, no secrets. I didn't tell them I run them in the spring. Opps.

I see there might be a little Cayuga get together tourney this summer. Think you might need a good rod man for that one? Save me from hauling the boat down. Be good to get back on the lake and see both shores at the same time.

Benn a few years now.

Glen

Thanks. I appreciate that. Sounds like it would be fun.

You know any weekend you want to fish the big lake I'm there. Picked up a newer camper last fall to. Pretty comfortable. Come up and fish some Browns if the snow ever melts.

Glen