120 alignment no marks

you should use an alignment bar and set alignment before ever trying to reinstall outdrive, I have one you can use if you pay for shpping, hell you can have it as all my boats are now straight IB

you should be able to spin the tool with equal resistance all the way around  no tight spots, if you cant do this if the alignment is off, also make sure your all the way in the coupler, coat the tool with grease to see haw far your into the coupler, should go all the way  to the shoulder, also make sure your not binding on the shift connection

Fiber washer with spring in the middle between the bellhousing & transom plate on both sides. Bolt with large washer straight down thu from the top into the recessed nut in the transom plate. Adjust the alignment with the front mount when your done.

Thanks Hank. Yes Les, I'd do a monster tree any day over smashing my knuckles lifting this heavy mother.... Got it aligned after I stuck mounting nuts and fiber in, or it looks like equal spine marks. Now I am having trouble getting the shift to stay in forward gear when sliding it on... The shift linkage keeps turning. I'm definitely selling this and getting a outboard... Got the motor to run good :D

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well... To my displeaser, my uncle come over... Tapped it on with a block wood... I know its not right but its on... Spine marks where on all sides. Linkage lined up... Changed the impeller last year... Had no problem... Don't get it... I think the front of the motor is a bit high... At this point.... Its on... Put the rest back together and give her a go...

Sent from my VS425PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app