Spoon box

I came up with an idea for a spoon box out of frustration with finding a reasonable price on a special mate, probably just me being cheap. It seems to work pretty good. The next one will have to be a little deeper for mag spoons. Half full and there is 45 spoons in there. The foam was 1/2 inch interlocking floor tiles from the kids play room that my wife was going to throw out. 20170513_221115.jpg 20170513_215423.jpg20170513_215349.jpg20170513_215339.jpg20170513_215332.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea I made the light grid one, holds over two hundred spoons. Works sweet. The Revolution spoons fit good but you need to have a special area on the the account of the way the hooks designed. I will make make room for those spoons reguardles!!

I toyed around with DIY boxes for a few years.  They worked, but ended up all jacked up from hard use.  I eventually bit the bullet and got two Special Mates. Yes they are a little pricey, But dam are they nice.

13 hours ago, jigstick said:

I toyed around with DIY boxes for a few years.  They worked, but ended up all jacked up from hard use.  I eventually bit the bullet and got two Special Mates. Yes they are a little pricey, But dam are they nice.

They are nice until you dump it then I cuss up a storm while untangling and reorganizing only downfall  I have noticed

They are nice until you dump it then I cuss up a storm while untangling and reorganizing only downfall  I have noticed

One trick on the special mates is to cut a piece of mattress foam material to fit the exact width and length of the inside of the box. Lay the foam on top of all the spoons and dividers. Since the hooks are down they don't get hung up in the foam and it takes up all excess space. It may not work 100% of the time but has worked more than not to stop the spilling of spoons when the box gets tipped over

'Bout Time
Mike

• 3 weeks later...