Wilson Harbor Invitational 5/11 - 5/13

First, congrats to Tom Allen and Team A-Tom-Mik for the win. Tough fishing for a lot of teams but they got it done when it mattered.

Thursday we fished in 5-6' waves and got beat up all day to land 1 coho on 4 bites. Friday was a little better and we were able to land 3 out 5 coho bites, a steelhead, and 2 nice kings.

16 lb

IMG_1494757292.335208.jpg

25.03 lb

IMG_1494757171.575480.jpg

The morning of the event, we knew it was going to be more tough fishing, so we decided to start at our numbers from Friday morning and try to pick up a few coho just to have fish in the box.

We took two coho bites inside early and quickly lost both fish. We worked our way toward the bar and only took one more hit all day, which failed to connect. We never boxed a fish.

Although it was a struggle, I had a blast. How can you not when fishing three days in a row? We weighed a 25.03# King on Friday to take the $2,000 check for Thursday and Friday's 1k a day. It would be 2nd on LOC board but not everyone on the boat was in the derby. Our box Friday would have cashed a check in the event at 103 pts. I can't wait to fish the pro am next weekend, and I'll be back for the WHI again next year.

IMG_1494757320.249624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice job Chris, but man, you guys spend all that money up there for 3 days and some guys were not in the derby? That should be a mandatory rule. Good luck this year bud.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Nice job Chris, but man, you guys spend all that money up there for 3 days and some guys were not in the derby? That should be a mandatory rule. Good luck this year bud.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Yeah, we definitely miscommunicated there. I'll admit, I never fish the LOC because of the rule. I usually fish when I can and I take a lot of new guys out with me and can't see making them buy a ticket for one day of fishing, so my ticket wouldn't matter anyway. But next year, our entire team will be in the derby.

2 hours ago, King Slammin said:

Yeah, we definitely miscommunicated there. I'll admit, I never fish the LOC because of the rule. I usually fish when I can and I take a lot of new guys out with me and can't see making them buy a ticket for one day of fishing, so my ticket wouldn't matter anyway. But next year, our entire team will be in the derby.

They sell a one-day $20 pass for your one-and-done buddies.

Nice fram of mind, not many look through your frame of mind, $20.00 is pretty cheap ride to be under the wing of a motivated Capt. Such as you. Great job King, congrats to your check!!!

Chris,

It was an absolute pleasure fishing the Wilson Invitational with you and team Dublin Up. Thanks again for reeling in that 25lb 3oz King that won us the $1,000 fish of the day for thurday and friday. (thats why they call you King!)  I had a great time with many laughs all 3 days we were out.(espically the coho chug that shark man did!) Hopefully we all could do it again next year!

Thanks, Mike

Edited by Reel 'em in Rinallo

Chris,
            It was an absolute pleasure fishing the Wilson Invitational with you and team Dublin Up. Thanks again for reeling in that 25lb 3oz King that won us the $1,000 fish of the day for thurday and friday. (thats why they call you King!)  I had a great time with many laughs all 3 days we were out.(espically the coho chug that shark man did!) Hopefully we all could do it again next year!
                                                     Thanks, Mike

I had a blast too Mike. Already can't wait until next year.

Congrats guys! I met the tall fellow who reeled in the big king on copper at the bait shop friday evening. You were kind enough to give some Newby some pointers. Thank you!. So, to try to put the names to faces, which  one of you was that?  Thx. JC.

Congrats guys! I met the tall fellow who reeled in the big king on copper at the bait shop friday evening. You were kind enough to give some Newby some pointers. Thank you!. So, to try to put the names to faces, which  one of you was that?  Thx. JC.

That was me. How did you guys make out? It was tough fishing all around