Fly colors?

I think that the heavier line, being stiffer, helps the flasher give more action to the fly . Unless you just want to make your own flies as a hobby you will find that you won't save a lot of money. You may want to checkout Iron Dukes flies before you start. I build surf fishing plugs and make my own jigs but I buy trolling flies and Iron Dukes are excellent and fairly priced.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That was a great gesture Mike.... I hope that member realizes he got some great info from one of the best trolling fly makers out there. I don't know many in your position that would have taken the time to help. PEPTALK

Sent from my SM-T810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think that the heavier line, being stiffer, helps the flasher give more action to the fly . Unless you just want to make your own flies as a hobby you will find that you won't save a lot of money. You may want to checkout Iron Dukes flies before you start. I build surf fishing plugs and make my own jigs but I buy trolling flies and Iron Dukes are excellent and fairly priced.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys for your kind comments.. We are all a fishing family here on the LOU and enjoy helping guys and gals with setup stuff or just pointing them in the right direction and hopefully cut out part of the learning curve... At this point in my fishing career I really enjoy watching others succeed at getting into good fish more than I think myself lol..

Thanks again
Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app