Fall Loc.....where are you fishing?

Fall Loc ....what port/region are you fishing?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Fall Loc ....what port/region are you fishing?

• Wilson/Olcott
    • Oak/Point Breeze
    • Sandy Creek
    • Rochcester
    • Sodus
    • Fairhaven
    • Oswego/Mexico
    • Henderson
    • Other

Gene, again I like your hunch. I'm going to be at the Oak starting on the 22nd thru the first. Would like to get together sometime during then to shoot the bull. Will be at Lakeside on site 17 and 20. Stop in sometime or call my cell. 814-671-1430 -Duane

Our plans just changed....had trouble getting slips for our labor day trip, so I got a slip on the little Salmon instead. We are fishing:

Point Breeze 20,21, 22

Sodus, 23 (FHC)

Mexico/Oswego 28,29,30,31,1

Looks like a ton us lou'ers are fishing the east end. We will be staying at Jellystone and have one of their slips. Hope to see a few of you there!!

They might still have one or two left yet for anyone searching for a slip.

wow....you mean you're going to drive right thru rochester without even a try.according to the survey 10 against 8 it's beating the oak.my guess is 36+ takes it and 29 the bottom. what's everyone think the bottom will be? after all let's face it that's what we're really hoping to make.also i'll predict 16 or so of the 21 will come sodus and east...as usual.i'm fishing the entire event out of rochester and have been shining up my cowbells and peanuts for 2 days. :lol:

I'm new at Salmon fishing but I'm going to enter anyways since I'll be up there, plus I'm pretty lucky I'd rather be Lucky than good LOL.

I'll be fishing both Olcott and out of the Oak the 19th thru the 24th. Where ever they are going better I'll be fishing there but staying in Olcott.

My Dad & I will be fishing on the Bigfoot II out of Henderson Harbor, but if the Kings don't show up there in numbers in the next two weeks, we'll be fishing out of Mexico/Oswego August 21st-August 30th. We're trying to break the family record of #28! Good luck to all:)

L.J.

We'll be at Olcott from 8/15 to 8/24,and will fish(hopefully)the first eight days of the derby.

We're docked at Olcott,but will fish from the power plant to Wilson, and the bar.We fish this same nine days every august,and always enter the derby,but don't take it too seriously.

I just like getting away from the rat race and up to the lake,for the fishing and good friends.

Ray, I like your line of thinking :lol: But that is what makes it interesting. Someone made mention of a 37# being taken out East? That is a really decent king. Fished out of the Oak on Sunday, and watched a waterspout start to develop. It dissipated however before it touched down on water.

We will be fishing out of Fair Haven Aug 22 thru 31. We might be running towards the salmon river if things don't pick up! Just look for the 2 Wellcrafts on the west side at the A Frame. Good luck to all...Wolf

The Oak is our home port as "DAYBREAK" is slipped there. We'll be out as much as possible, spend a few nights in the boat and set up a camp at the park for extended stays. Managed to get the next TEN days VACATION! Duane we've camped near you a few years back but lately just set up in the back G loop. Haven't been out in the last few weeks, it's been a good steelhead season but the near and mid water kings have been another story since late May. Probably 'cause we haven't made that long run to the 30N+ line due to the weather and cost of fuel. Daybreak on ch10.

Ray, I always thought the Old Timer stayed at the North Of the Ridge. Could be wrong though. Dave, I won't be at Lakeside for an extended stay until the 22nd. I have 2 sites reserved. A-17-A-20. If you're around, stop in sometime. I may make a 1 day trip this Sunday. Putting on a 1 day tourney for my 15-16 year old girl All Stars on Saturday. Then probably heading to the Oak early Sunday morning. Had a really good day last Sunday as posted on the LOTSA site. There were some matures in the closer waters. As I'm sure there will be this weekend. Have to be patient, esp after the boat traffic thins out. 300' copper with a Silver Streak Black Nancy- was hot. Had a freight train hit this rod and dang near hanked it out of the HeavenBound on impact. Sad part about it was the greenhorn grabbed the rod, and after a few mishandles, ( hit the star drag backing it off almost creating back lash, let alone literally pointing the tip at the target ) he managed to dump it. ;( Most savage strike we've had this year. Told him he could tell his friends about the big one that got away. Straightened out one of the hook's on the treble, while heading to our friends of the North.

Duane, that straightened treble didn't happen to be a gammy #2 EWG did it? I've had issues with them straightening out this season. I really don't think I've excessively pressured fish as I always use a snubber on my wires. All my flies are tournament tied with the gammy as the treble and a 5/0 octopus single forward.