Rigging new boat

Does anyone have their fishhawk mounted in their tracks? Really don't want to put holes in my dash and also thinking in front of the engine is better. Always hated turning around to see the monitor. I had them install a new fish finder at the dash so I'm hoping to get my old HDS and fishhawk in the back of the boat. Any suggestion or pictures would be great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Jeremy - Sometimes "less is better" at least in terms of "clutter" at the back end of a boat. A lot of times you're scrambling to net fish and laying the net down back there or rods placed there while netting etc. and putting electronics there on non-charter smaller boats may be just another glitch waiting to happen unless there is truly the space for it..  I keep my previous depth finder which can serve as a backup to the present one in my vehicle during derbies etc. and I have left the previous transducer and speed impeller on the boat as the displays can both use it if I need to substitute. So at least I have something to go with if something happens to my present one. It would seem to me that the Fishhawk could be in the way back there as well and it would be a shame to damage the display. All it might take is a misplaced knee or someone leaning against it accidentally as it is the least protected area of a boat generally. Just food for thought:).

Edited by Sk8man

I've had a fishhawk in my 14' aluminum boat wide open for couple yrs. No cover, fish rain and a wave coming over the side is pretty common lol.
I do store it inside 100 % of the time. Never had an issue with any of my fishhawk. I do put the storm covers on them when I'm out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app