NY Wild Style surf and turf

20140516_205852.jpeg

Ingredients:

Boat, time and money with a dash of cash in the tackle, and gas in the tank

Firearm, more money and time, with a dash of gun powder or substitute stick and string

An ounce of persistence and a pound of patience

A pinch of perception can replace a ton of obscure

Butter, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste

Charcoal, and hickory

Nice grill

Fruits of labor...priceless!

Money doesn't buy happiness,

but it does buy horsepower....

I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's okay. ..potatoes and veggies are on the side! Spent lots of persistence and patience watching them grow too! [emoji38]

Lol! Well the recipe just begins in the field, woods, or the lake. The salmon is grilled on charcoal and hickory wood as is the venison chop.
Salmon is coated with melted butter/ olive oil/white wine mix that has sautéed chop garlic, chives, and parsely. Old bay seasoning and salmon rub added to taste. No salt added. The rub has the salt. (High mountain seasonings salmon rub). Put the fillets in shallow glass baking dish and smother them with the liquid Sautee mixture. Place in a fridge and let the mixture solidify on the fillets. Put the fillets in a fish grilling clamshell basket. Cook till 135 degrees internal on low coals with top covered on grill . Use the left over Sautee mixture in the baking dish to baste as it grills. Watch for flame up from drippings. Turn the baskets until outside is just browning.
Venison is just how you like to do them on the grill. I just often use spiedie sauce from chavettas but any marinade you like will work for grilling. Venison is best for me at the same temp as the fish...135 degrees. 145 max.
Hope this clears things up![emoji6]

• 4 weeks later...
Oh yea! He doesnt always drive a truck , but when he dont , he eats like king of the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You know, I just can't stand being away for weeks at a time, having to endure truck stop groceries! I love my BBQ smoker, and my wild things on it! Ah, the life off the road! You know the song? Willie Nelsons "On The Road Again"....mine is Off the road again! Can't wait to get off the road again![emoji108][emoji108]

and "He's the most intereting man in the world" [emoji38]

Well, maybe not the most Intresting..maybe the most curiously obsessive. ..wait, no slightly interesting obsessed. ..wait
I don't always contradict myself, but when I do. ........I don't [emoji20][emoji53]