Mixed bag and nice pike

Kevin J Legg

Nice going Kevin!!! My dad loved to eat pike, honestly we made the pike and walleye into cubes and made beer batter and deep fried them in the batter I cut the walleye at a angle to tell what's what, everyone thought the "walleye" was delicious  :lol: along with homemade french fries and bushes baked beans. That my friends is called shyting in tall cotton 

Good to see some nice gators men! We don't see the catching like years past anymore on the pike. Ice or boat, we used to catch double digits pike by the dozens on a regular basis on our end of the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good to see some nice gators men! We don't see the catching like years past anymore on the pike. Ice or boat, we used to catch double digits pike by the dozens on a regular basis on our end of the lake.

Yes sir, I remember catching more Pike years ago then the last few years. I can also remember not to long ago when there was so many browns we were slamming them while targeting walleye.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's funny that you mention the Browns. We were just talking about that the other day as well. And when we were catching Brown's while targeting walleyes the numbers were a lot.

That's funny that you mention the Browns. We were just talking about that the other day as well. And when we were catching Brown's while targeting walleyes the numbers were a lot.

[/quote
It was wicked, I remember getting browns on almost every walleye trip one year, I think it was 2010 but not sure. If you actually targeted them it was limited out in a few passes.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:41 PM, Kevin J Legg said:

Rough day fishing in 2-3 footers taking some over the bow. Water temp came up to 58 degrees from 50 last week. Managed to land a 36" northern, 7 lb walleye and a whitefish.IMG_2945.JPG

Caught a couple whitefish in the past, never ate them. How do they taste compared to the walleye? I eat only walleye and perch usually.

5 hours ago, starcraftloaded said:
5 hours ago, wallaholic said:

[/quote
It was wicked, I remember getting browns on almost every walleye trip one year, I think it was 2010 but not sure. If you actually targeted them it was limited out in a few passes.

2010 was a stellar year for browns all over the lake. I caught some in huge numbers almost every weekend when we had those 70* days in late march.

2010 was a stellar year for browns all over the lake. I caught some in huge numbers almost every weekend when we had those 70* days in late march.

IMG_0777.JPGwas looking thru some photos from that year, here's a Hog brown, to this day one of my best. Would much rather catch eyes but do enjoy Brown fishing, lol