I bay 5/16

baitballin

It will pick up.  The water is cold still.  I found it got better once the water temp went over 60 degrees.  it also got way better once the alewives were rolling on the surface. 

At about 55-57 bait will start showing subsurface on shore...by 60 it's just starting to roll if you are in the right area.  Right now you want the warmest water you can find.  I think covering water looking for the most active fish is the best play for most anglers.  Working slowly is fine if you know your in the right area and you know your presentation is spot on, but too often we bang our heads against a wall trying to catch fish that aren't active.  When you find active fish they are hard to keep off.

At about 55-57 bait will start showing subsurface on shore...by 60 it's just starting to roll if you are in the right area.  Right now you want the warmest water you can find.  I think covering water looking for the most active fish is the best play for most anglers.  Working slowly is fine if you know your in the right area and you know your presentation is spot on, but too often we bang our heads against a wall trying to catch fish that aren't active.  When you find active fish they are hard to keep off.

Thanks I will keep an eye on water temp I can now finally use my new fish hawk!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app