Bill fish fishing Kona, Hawaii May 2017

Last year we went to Hawaii also, that's one thing I regret not doing, on Kona we went to Kona coffee and you could see the charters, they weren't that far of shore, we got wind of a small boat harbor just behind it the sea turtles were in. My daughters got a kick out of the turtles, in the marinea there was a huge shark that came through the cut, as the shark entered the marina the guys would be throwing cast nets and the loaded those nets with whatever those bait fish were. The natives had a name for this shark, and it was huge!! Congrats to your trip and catch!! I loved it there, but wouldn't like to live there!!!

Pap - There are numerous charters in the Kona Harbor. I was fishing on a private boat for 2 weeks. I noticed the low price for a full day charter which reflected the close proximity between the harbor and the fishing grounds. A full day charter could be around $600 before tips. We caught several blue marlin and a striped marlin. I will get the video footage later on. Also helicopter tour with the Blue Hawaiian s a must for anyone visiting the islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 months later...

Awesome photos. Marlin fishing is about the most fun you can have standing upright. I caught 2 striped when in cabo and dream about it regularly, lol. Thank you for sharing and congrats on the many beautiful fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United