Fishmaster 196 kicker bracket

So I dropped my kicker on the new boat and my kicker doesn't fit. I added a ski pole for the kids and that unfortunately restricts my left and right 20%.

So I finally accepted that is what it is and I clamped it down. Then I trimmed it up and the tiller handle hits the transom wall? I can't believe the transom well isn't deep enough for the kicker at full trim.

Question is any of you Fishmaster owners had this issue. If I added a kicker bracket pushing me out 12" that would also work. Last th1495111196120.jpege transom isn't wood backed in that area. How should I reinforce the transom there. Thinking plate of 1/4 aluminum inside?

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From the looks of it that ski bar is going to limit any kind if kicker motor you put on there!
Maybe you should have went without the ski bar and just done the old fashion ski tow that just clips on eyes on each side of transom?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bought it two yrs ago for my old boat. I like the idea of just setting it in the garage when not needed and not always stuck on the boat. It's the ski bar that's killing me also. With or without the tiller handle I have to be away from the transom to get full motion left to right

Exactly. That's why if I run my kicker it has to be on a fixed bracket. I just want to make sure hanging the kicker on the bracket I reinforce properly if needed. The ski bar does comes down fairly easy but ide love to not have to remove it. This weekend it looks like I'll be using my drift bags until I know exactly what I want.

Can't believe that you would hit anything without the tow bar on, I understand a tiller handle but without it you should not hit!
This is my setup and I can tilt up 100%, and side to side 100%! You should be able to do the same! I would think long and hard before putting a bracket in there! A lot of weight and unneeded stress on transom when this should work without ski tow!
IMG_4105.JPGIMG_4107.JPGIMG_4108.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looks like you are serious about fishing with your set up so just do it right the first time and save yourself the aggravation of a installing a bracket and possibly running into other problems! More holes in transom etc! My marina did bolt kicker on in lower holes and with the top clamps just for some extra insurance!
You will get good money for your kicker and sell it fast put it on here and will be gone in days!
For the cost of these boats new the 2k is a drop in the bucket! I bought mine new in 2011 and can't believe how much they have gone up in price!
It may seem like a lot now but you will be happier in the long run! Nothing like spending all that money in a new boat and being frustrated with something!

I have a 9.9 Yamaha kicker on mine and have no issues with the tiller handle hitting the transom. I don't think that you need to have the kicker trimmed up all the way to keep it out of the water while running anyways.   I would not add a bracket that is not needed on these boats.

Edited by Fishmaster 196

Buddy has a 196 with a Suzuki 9.9 kicker that's a tiller and no issues with it hitting anywhere. Does it hit because of how far over you need to mount it to clear the ski pole?

If it were me I would save the money on a new kicker and have a tower built to go over the Bimini that could tow skiers and also work as a rocket launcher and get that out of the back of the boat. Not my boat but this is the same one I had on my phantom and I loved it! Place to put rods and if you wanted to plenty strong enough to pull a skier.IMG_3206.thumb.JPG.00f04ec3471f99b3a6557210f678b1e5.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would hit anywhere I Mount. Although maybe if I was on the driver's side (my swim step is there) the tiller handle could clear?
This is the outboard bracket I'm debating. IMG_1581.thumb.jpg.fb592f285f50dccf3064cb0b93a1db14.jpg

If it were my boat there is no way I would have that bracket holding up a 150lb motor that far back on an aluminum boat. I would buy a set of trolling bags and just troll with the main motor before I did that.

Another question how permanent is that ski pole? Is it something you could make into a quick detach? Kicker motor aside I wouldn't think that you would want to be netting a fish around that thing.

The kicker should go up enough so that you can put the support bracket down on the kicker. I think you are must be over looking something I run with two other fishmasters with kickers and no one has any issues!

This is a Starcraft fishmaster right! I don't believe they have changed anything about this boat, but your transom looks a little different, not as wide as mine . If you look at yours vs mine the transom piece that comes off the side toward motor looks longer? This isn't a starweld as they are a little different?

Not quick disconnect, but 4 bolts. Can't believe this is stumping me.
That would solve the side to side issue, but I still can't trim. Feel like I'm doing something Wrong when I hit trim button lol.

If you take of the 4 bolts and take it off it will let you slide the kicker over towards the middle 5-6" from where you originally tried it and that should allow you to trim it all the way up.