Cape Cod Sea Bass rival walleye

Kevin J Legg

I'm jealous, nice catch of sea bass and tautog, both are great eating and fun to catch on lighter tackle if you aren't fishing around a wreck or other snags.  I'm heading out there in the fall for stripers and false albacore, hopefully the timing is right for both and the seals don't chase them out like previous years.  Did you go out alone or on a charter?  I haven't been able to find a charter to take the kids out yet that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars for a 3 or 4 hour trip. 

WTG Kevin....some great eating right there. They are great on the grill with Cajun spices, lemon and butter

I'm jealous, nice catch of sea bass and tautog, both are great eating and fun to catch on lighter tackle if you aren't fishing around a wreck or other snags.  I'm heading out there in the fall for stripers and false albacore, hopefully the timing is right for both and the seals don't chase them out like previous years.  Did you go out alone or on a charter?  I haven't been able to find a charter to take the kids out yet that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars for a 3 or 4 hour trip. 

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing off my brothers 17' Whaler. Only have to run about a half mile from his mooring to a rock pile off the old canal. Catching them on medium spinning rods using jigs and plastic and yes they can pull.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Congrats Kevin, I'll be Black Sea Bassing Buzzards Bay next weekend......2moro I'm headed for the other table fare (haddock) on Jeffires ledge 30 miles offshore

Kevin, myself and a couple buddies traveled 2 hrs to Buzzards Bay in my boat and put a good whack in the Black SeaBass, our original intent was to fish offshore on Jeffries ledge but the marine forecast told us to pick a plan B. We had our BSB limit in a few hours and spent the remaining time targeting scup till it got sporty out there. Cant wait get out there again

F819ABEE-3C8A-49BF-B6A4-00CD500E70E1_zps

BB14510B-A934-471A-B197-FABA966A7DF8_zps

1C92A743-A137-444D-BCA2-4DD7CE00E65C_zps

They often hit best on an outgoing tide. My father and his friends have had a great season so far. Great fun and great eating!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Looks like a blast, Kevin. Well done. The north east Atlantic offers so many great sport and eating fish. Headed to mid-coast Maine in July for a family vacation.....plan on fishing as much as the wife will allow. Cant wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United