Barney and Bears Spring Derby 2017 Day 1 Results

Those Ryan boys are always in the mix. They almost got me in last years Canandaigua Derby and won the Seneca derby with a record  brown. They are proof that 'Old school can be the right school" :lol:  Congrats to all the guys that made the board:yes:

Edited by Sk8man

Never thought I would say "To many fish" Im in my 60s my fishing partners in his 70s . First 3 hrs of the day we could not keep a rod down . doubles, triples . A lot of 7lb and 8lb Quality fish. Hard to believe biggest we could manage was 9lb when we were catching that many fish. Its an old saying "When the fish are biteing three rods are to many when they are not biteing one rod is to many"

Hope to get a bigger one today. Thought we had it yesterday but it was a 7lb laker hooked in the belly and dragged in sideways.

Good luck to all.

Congrades to Fishstix for winning the A division and  lunker  . it was nice meeting  and chatting with you .    Boy what a weekend of fishing saturday we did 50 plus fish, LL and lakers. we fished from 6 am to 6 30 pm and save 2 lakers to weight  in , a 9. 2 and a 11. 14 we pack them on ice and went to the bait shop to weight  in Sunday morning after spending the night in the parking lot  it was back to long point for more laker action. we did  another 8 lakers the biggest being 8.8 for the day. we had it with the wind and called it a day . my buddy Craig took 3rd place . we split a few bucks and went home with a pile of LL to eat . be nice if seneca derby was this good .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 0520171654.thumb.jpg.74500a9bfcc2039f620cab07049e53cd.jpg0520171744a.thumb.jpg.8bd31ad83c321b7f4d1d3d21320d8443.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Nice going Brian. I don't think you have to wqorry too much aboot the Seneca derby You are probably one of the most serious "threats" out there :)

Congrats on the Lunker Fishstix!  

Fished Barney and Bears 31st Annual Spring Derby over the weekend. Had a lot of fun. This is the 4th year we have competed. Each year we have been climbing the leader board.
There were over 100+ competitors this year. So we had to fished super hard as usual. We were fortunate enough to do 3 mornings of pre-fishing this week to help us get dialed in. We had nice Browns come to the back of the boat all week long. But as luck would have it they got bigger through out the week and the largest fish came on tourney day! We were the first ones on the lake at 4:30am every morning and it paid off. Our largest brown came on the first day at 5:05am before we even saw another person. Second Brown came on the second day at 10:30am same area when some unexpected cloud cover rolled in. Also my friend Chris Turo has been fishing with me for a couple years and really performed at the back of the boat. Great job man! Also my wife was a great driver.
At the end of the tourney we were able to take 1st and 2nd a in the "B" division which is for Browns, Salmon and Rainbows only. For a combined winnings of 550$. We didn't find that lunker this year but it only takes that one fish! CYA next year!

All fish were released successfully! Thanks to the new livewell!

Edited by vogel451

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ended up with 1st place laker 4th place laker and lunker.

I do not want to give the farm away on lure description but both fish came on peanuts.

green /white  ,  brown /white

2nd day we fished the same line on gps we  fished the first day and the fish were gone.

Went into search mode and luckley hit a 12.3 laker ,middle of the lake.set back up followed my line back around nailed a 11.9 off the exact same spot. One came 88 down off the rigger other was 200 feet of wire on a dipsey'

We will be at dock 69 ,and cabin C2 for the national derby. Look us up.