Did the proam in olcott again this year. What a great few days!!

Thursday- we started out front of Wilson and trolled west towards the bar. We started working 60-90 fow, but only had 2 coho after about 4 miles. When we trolled back east, we had 5 quick king bites in 100-140, so we had a starting point for Friday. They wanted all spoons, mostly uv regular sized stuff.

Friday- we got our butts kicked all morning. The strong nw wind made the 8 mile run miserable, and the fish just weren't in that water from 80-120. We boated a handful of coho and a laker, but needed size to compete. We moved out to 140-220 just west of Wilson and it turned on! From 10-12:30 we had ~15 bites, all salmon. They wanted meat and flasher/fly- and much deeper. 80-110 riggers and 270 dipseys were the ticket. We had a ton of 2 year old kings, and our box came up short. 65 pts put us in 10th place? Either way, a great day fishing with 20 bites.
IMG_5099.thumb.JPG.30faab20f672169539b6f8803a6052a3.JPGIMG_5101.thumb.JPG.fb8d1c14504249ab7aea97b62f14e9d8.JPG

Sunday- the ne blow had me worried. I thought our fish would be gone.... they weren't. It was non stop action all day, 150-200 fow just west of Wilson. We had 30 bites, all kings, all 2-3 year olds. We had 8 bites before 6:30 (and before I ever got my full spread out). They wanted meat deep- 300-500 coppers, riggers 80-100 down, dipseys 270+. Everything was firing, and we had action literally all day long. Unfortunately we didn't have the weight to compete in the ams.. our 72 pt box was just outside of placing. Oh well...
IMG_5108.thumb.JPG.00eb676405cb7576f17d1a951aa75660.JPGIMG_5114.thumb.JPG.71917e999b88d3499285e3c03b0ffdee.JPG

I love spring kings. They just fight so hard. What a blast. I love this tourney and the fishing this time of year down here!!

By the way- that atommik meat is solid! Holds up great!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fishing guys. We had a chance the first day with a 17 and a 15 lb King but dropped a nice one on deep diver with meat and couldn't get bit after. Luck of the draw on day two, cashed in at 2nd place. Went 5 for 8 today but no size as our big fish was 10.5 lbs. I love this tournament too and after cashing $2k for big fish last Thursday and Friday for the WHI, I broke about even for the two tourneys which is always a good thing. One thing is for sure, the weather was not nice to a couple guys fishing in a 19' open bow this weekend. We had some good laughs, caught two trees, lost some tackle, and learned a few things as well. Can't wait to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Lol, hard to imagine what I needed to do to place... We caught ~30 salmon in 2 days... guess just needed more luck? Tough to be disappointed when the fishing was so good though

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United