Seneca Sampson national lake trout derby 2017

2 hours ago, lakebound88 said:

Have you signed up for bff

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Well I hope so, sent you a message on the BFF thread. I will either get settl d up at weigh in or tomorrow if someone is around the lake. I will be dumping boat in tomorrow at North end

I in tend to launch out of Geneva but just in case I stop at Sampson to enter the winner this is what my boat looks like:lol: (this is especially for the benefit of the southenders)

boatpic.jpg

boatback.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

:lol: Yeah Brian....man... you don't miss much must be that attention to detail that makes you such a good fisherman:) That 2 stroke has seen some action and  is headed for my son's 16 ft Aluminum soon. Still runs like a top:) My Tohatsu runs like a dream now too. Hey Mike  I'm kinda waiting for my buddies at the south end to pile on me....but they are a little slow this year:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

22 minutes ago, Tripleduece50 said:

Wow where are the lakers more silver fish than lakers.  Hope they turn on before the weekend is over....

If gobies have invaded, the lakers are going to become bottom dwellers even more than they were in the past. 

Ok fellow LOUsers. I need your tricks for fishing with kids. My 9 year old daughter will be with me tomorrow and I want to know how you set up so kids can reel fish. She has a reel belt but probably couldn't handle a dispey rod. Ideally she reels a rigger rod with a spoon but I have not been able to get a spoon bite...ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok fellow LOUsers. I need your tricks for fishing with kids. My 9 year old daughter will be with me tomorrow and I want to know how you set up so kids can reel fish. She has a reel belt but probably couldn't handle a dispey rod. Ideally she reels a rigger rod with a spoon but I have not been able to get a spoon bite...ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V

The best I could do for 2 days was one 8.5 lb LT. Tough time out there this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20170528_124321.jpg

I dont know where to start on the Seneca derby. It was a tough bite but the right fish hit at the right time.

We fished hard all three days Sweating out the 12 lb laker we caught on the first day.It was the first fish weighed in at the station. I would like to thank all the organizers and sponsors who ran a very good event.

Its a coincidence that Willie the guy i fish with turned 75 this week. That $7500 check made him smile.

As far as particulars go it came on the n end over 140 fow dipsey diver 150 feet of wire out , brown and white color lure.

We fished from Sampson north and it was tough to find something to fish for .

If you caught a fish on something you might as well throw it away, you could not catch another fish on it.

Two 1st place derbys in a row for me and Willie I cant wait for the next one..Owasco I think....

Sorry no pictures keep forgetting the camera .