Recommendations for a launch near Henderson or Chaumont

Recommendations for a launch near Henderson or Chaumont

My buddy and I are planning a trip finally this coming Saturday and need a good place to launch his 25ft sport-craft. He just had a new mercury e Tech 9.9 kicker motor installed and bought a new Fiskhawk x4D with bluetooth that I will be putting on his boat for him by this weekend. How are the water levels at Henderson State launch. I hear that hip boots may be needed to launch from there. Has anyone with a larger boat like the sportcraft launched from there recently? I will check out the Chaumont state launch on my way home.

Any recommendations to launch a big boat this size safely? We want to try and target the browns if they are still biting and walleye and possibly some Atlantic if they are a possibility. Heck anything that will bite.

Thanks

Bob

As far as what I have heard, all of the launches in the eastern basin are open, with the exception of Sackets Harbor.  They all have high water, and tall boots are a necessity if you want to stay dry.  In terms of launching a bigger boat, I don't think you will have any trouble.  There is plenty of water to float it at the launch.  By the time you are standing on the dock with the boat floating off the trailer, you could be in five to six feet of water.