Hauled the boat down to Oswego from Fort Drum( it's the only boat launch you don't need waders to get the boat in)

We launched in the afternoon and got a tip that there were Salmon and Browns in 80-120 FOW so we started there... didn't move a rod.. tried the skinny water 15-30 FOW... didn't move a rod..

Water temperature was 46°F on the Surface. The only warm water was the water coming from the river 55°F but it was very stained water and we just couldn't seem to find the line between stained and clear water.. mother nature did not cooperate. it rained on us for a little while but was mostly cloudy throughout the day.. not what I hoped for to start off the season but we will be back.. it can only get better

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I launched at 545 am and went 3 miles east.. sat down in 46 degree him clear water I could see bottom in 25 feet.. Should have picked up right then and there but didnt... set rods trolled back to the harbor not a rod move.... did 2 loops in the harbor and got a 10 lb drum.... 845 went out in 165 cow and took 3 big lake trout to get something for the smoker.

I should have went west not east

Offshore was 250-295 for me yesterday, browns were still in shallow and active if you got them before the water cleared. In the afternoon we spent most of the time on browns around the Harbor.   Stuck to browns again this morning in and around the Harbor but they were only in 2 spots and active. Afternoon we did some browns again and got a few fish offshiore in 170. 

Its still good but not a gimme. Offshore is looking very promising.