Game cams-practicing-land/leases

Well, a buddy and I hung our first game cams last night. We are going to give them a two week soak and see what we get. Just to get some cool shots, and to see whats it he area, we set them up on trails with a mineral block to get them to stop for the camera. Wasn't sure the regs. on this, but it isn't something we are going to hunt over.

I'm ready to get in a tree! Broke out the Bowtech a week ago and she was grouping arrows like a champ! I'm thinkin after I get staging kings off the brain I'm gonna be fixin for some antlers!

We might be loosing our lease due to the farm being sold. Right now its up in the air. How do you guys go about getting permission to hunt other peoples property? Some close friends and I are looking to lease some acreage. I am also looking for some small spots in the Monroe county area to hit after work. If anyone has land they would be willing to let em hunt please toss me a PM.

YT

I think the DEC put the kabosh on all mineral and feed for deer year round because of the chronic waste scare so becareful with that. What kind of camera are you guys using? I have just scraped up a clean area in front of the cameras before and the deer will usually stop and give a sniff long enough to catch them on camera. As far as leases I use to buy hunting memberships from a guy here is his web site. www.wolfsheadhuntingclub.com

I think he might have had some property to lease as well check it out. Also you can try and google hunting land lease new york I think you might find some companys leaseing land that way as well.

YT,

Try Craigslist.. I have seen numberous post under the "Farm and Garden" section from people looking to lease land. I obviously don't know how successful people have been, but I do know that there are a lot of farmers that use it to sell hay, straw, etc...

It doesn't cost anything, so worth a shot...

YT

Sorry you are right I wont win any beauty contest but I can kill some deer with that bow of mine!! :D Hey did you see Gene SR my dad that was his first and only Bow Kill after 40 years of trying not a bad 2 1/2 yr old.

yt,

stinks to hear about your farm. I have actually been inquiring the same thing. i have family property but its over an hour away and its hard for the evening hunts before the clocks get turned back. i guess the best thing to do is find small lots through the county or i have been using google earth and i am going to knock on doors to see where i get. For the rut i will be in wyoming "cow" county but after the kings run i run for the tree!!

also do yourself a favor and drop that "blowie" and " catch us if ya can" ;);)

yt,

also do yourself a favor and drop that "blowie" and " catch us if ya can" ;);)

I was a Mathews guy (SQ2)....but when that guardian hit my hand the Mathews couldn't compete with the quietness and lack of hand shock compared to the Bowtech Guardian. I shot the Drenny and the DXT and neither felt as good. They are still great bows, but even in independent testing the Guardian consistently came out on top.

Only cripe about the Guardian, and this is only for the smaller guys, the draw cycle is a tad bit rougher than the Mathews due to the binary cams. Although, a correct draw length will keep this to almost a non existent state.

So, to hit ya back: Refuse to FOLLOW, and Refuse to FAIL! :lol::lol::lol:

YT

Sorry you are right I wont win any beauty contest but I can kill some deer with that bow of mine!! :D Hey did you see Gene SR my dad that was his first and only Bow Kill after 40 years of trying not a bad 2 1/2 yr old.

Hey Gene.....thats a great deer! Any deer with a bow is a great kill. I'm not to the trophy stage yet, and maybe someday I will be. At this point though.....they cant give me enough tags!

YT

Keep shooting all the deer you can and when you are ready keep shooting does and just leave the 1 1/2 yr old bucks alone but only due it when you are ready. It is important to keep it fun and to pass everything you learn on to the youth and newbies of the sport.

nope i hear ya, its all about feel and every bow is different. This year I really really wanted an 82nd in all black with the cams black too but it felt like my shoulder was going to rip out my socket compared to the solo cam... Didn't like the dxt either. I am 6'4' and it felt like i had a kids bow in my hand so i stayed with my dren. I have heard a lot of good things about the guardian... did you ever shoot the general. man the specs looks like she would be one forgiving bow.

I had the Guardian up for sale to buy the General, but I never sold it and I'm glad. I take Phil Race's (Indian Mountain Archery) opinion very strongly only becasue he does this for enjoyment. Hes already a millionaire and doesn't need to sell bows to survive. He goes to all the big archery shows and talks to a lot of "pros". Not to mention he spends a lot of money each year on hunts, so he needs equipment that is durable and works. He spends more time tinkering with the small stuff becasue he is anal about making sure that bow cant shoot any better when it leaves his shop.

So, back to the General. After he played with the General he seemed to think it was a touch louder than the Guardian and not as smooth. I really didn't shoot it set up. The only **** about that bow would be the fact you need a special bow press for it.

YT,

yeah, i shoot in the winter indoor 3d league there.ive been shooting in it for about 3 years now and before that i was just a sub for our group. its a good time. it usually leads us to beer drinking and wing eating at the bay afterwards. the league fills up quickly though so you have to act fast. whether you have a group or not i would just sign up and shoot in it. it helps with the winter boredom.

YT

Make sure you call Phil early and get signed up I was not able to get the night I needed for the adult youth league a few years ago and had to shoot at Creekside for a winter. It was great for my son with the moveable back stops we could shoot next to each other at different distances at the same time. Marica was great with the kids the after league stuff she did with them was alot of fun for the kids.

I do 90% of my own bow work but i have been out to meet Phil and he is the best Rochester has for sure and he is a great Guy as well!!

I shot this year for the first time on Tuesday night at 7pm.. Didn't have any problem getting in.. Once you are in, they allow you to sing up early for the upcoming year, to ensure you get the slot you want/need..

I really enjoyed shooting there and met a lot of good people..

Plus, it helps to keep you sharp year round