Starcraft Islander Top Swap

dt5150

Starcraft Islander Top Swap

has anyone seen or know of a successful top swap on an islander? specifically, taking a factory hardtop from a donor islander and installing it on a soft top model islander. i'm wondering if this is feasible.. i'm sure could be done, but don't have any idea how easy or difficult it would be. probably depends on how they're mounted, the differences between the two models, if they attach the same way or if they're even close. visually comparing the two, it looks as though they both attach to the same spot on top of the cabin "cap" if you will. any thoughts?

You would have to get to the bolts and see. I imagine the cabin roof was stamped out with holes and the windshield was put on as the specsheet called for, tall or short.

that's what i'm thinking.. in the assembly line, they'd install whichever config was called for. i imagine that they're the same, they would just install either the windshield or the hardtop. it's just an unknown that would be good to know before taking on the project. i'm hoping someone out there may know the answer.

cortland huh? my ex in-laws live there, on brook drive.

Edited by dt5150