Back on the SLR

Kevin J Legg

Congrats to all three of the above fishermen, in these conditions whether it be high water or or just this crazy weather one must be one their best game to produce!! Nice going guys!!!

Thanks..great to be back on the home turf. Fish were in dissimilar spots. One on a 35 ft drop and the other on a 55 ft flat. With the flows increased, the current is definitely "enhanced". Couldn't move the bigger fish against it, Had to slip with it to gain on the fish and was fortunate to have a steady net man. It would have been tough alone.

And yes, Kevin caught the first fish from my boat of the season! 

Tell Kevin it's the driver who catches the fish!!   The spot I'm fishing I haven't done a thing since 2013 according to my logs.   First tiger of the year today for me, but took a fat zero on eyes.  After fishing till midnight we weren't at our best at 5am.  Back at tonight....it's bedtime!!!!

Justin,
Prof T and I do things slightly differently in our boat control but we can both adapt to fish in each other's boat and still be successful. Similar techniques but slightly different way of maintaining boat control which is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Kevin, if there is one thing I know for sure that's you guys are flexible enough to have a tough fishery dialed in!  I don't think the average angler realizes how much you have to be able to adapt to stay on walleye year to year through the season.

7 minutes ago, justtracytrolling said:

Kevin, if there is one thing I know for sure that's you guys are flexible enough to have a tough fishery dialed in!  I don't think the average angler realizes how much you have to be able to adapt to stay on walleye year to year through the season.

Well said JT. :yes:

Nice take gentlemen. Have family in town this weekend but planning on making a morning run Saturday. Cant wait! Weather forecast does not look outstanding for the balance of the weekend, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Roughrider IV said:

Nice to see someone having a good day, congrats!

LOL! Yes Mother Nature sure has put you through the ringer, but I have to give you credit where credit is due!! You live up to your title :lol:

Thanks guys. Biggest eye landed in a while. Felt good. Looking forward to full moon phase on friday..... Will be looking for her older sister.[emoji4]

ESOX,

Nice fish and photo. Having a difficult time putting a June pattern together so far myself. Getting a few, but fish are inconsistently scattered. I think the heavy current inconsistent weather don't help. Really need to keep changing things up.

YUP, BRING ON THAT  FULL MOON

Last year was the best fishing early in the season that I have witnessed. Generally I find that things pick up and become much more predictable latter in June and in July. With high water and colder water temperatures things should only improve.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

[emoji281][emoji281] [emoji200][emoji200]Good Luck , tight lines, and be safe out there tonight. Forecast for Clayton area is rain 50% earlier in the evening. Thinking dry thoughts.

Nice catch kevin[emoji1303][emoji1303].

Our evening shift produced several rock bass and a 40 min coast guard inspection[emoji599][emoji849]. Not the night I had hoped for, lol.