Buffalo Small Boat Harbor..... mess!

Buffalo Small Boat Harbor..... mess!

Small Boat harbors been redesigned. Looks pretty phenomenal overall. Bike baths, gazebos, new parking. Let's talk functionality- WTF? Does anyone know were the final plans are because as it sits that place will be a complete **** show launching boats this summer, unless I'm missing something. I can't wait to see how the larger boats navigate thru driving areas without rubbing the curbs constantly... also staging area for launching looks to be non-existent. Some nice washdowm areas when you pull out. Plus you can't drive to cleaning station anymore you need to traverse the parking lots and medians..... almost got it :(

I was there yesterday.  The curbs are horrible and i only have a 17 foot boat.  I am not sure why i paid 8 bucks to some random girl with a money bag when the dont even have the tool booth set up.   the staging area is awkword at best.  The launch is a test of how long can you back down a giant hill while remaining straight.  Hopefully they will make it better when it is complete.  Nice long docks thougg and shorter run to the lake. 

How about the 2" steel trim that's on edge along the entire length of the docks at the ramps ? Can wait to to see the beauty marks that leaves on boats and trucks when someone gets a little to close .  July 4th I love to be there selling beer and hot dogs taking damage wagers ! That place is a wreck I launched there Sunday and was far from impressed

43 minutes ago, skipper19 said:

HootersBoat1.jpg
This is how to launch a fountain! No curbs. No docks!

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Man, that guy must a damn good secret spot:lol:

Man, that guy must a damn good secret spot[emoji38]

Not sure his transducer will see much, or his navigation will catch up either! Whatever was behind him is being vaporized!

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Hmm lawn chair a cooler of beer on July 4rth.  I predict 2 fights and at least 4 wrecked boats.  Who designed this monster of a train wreck?  Same guy that put 5 round abouts on the way to launch at I BAY.  At least those don't have high curbs. 

Plus from what I have heard if you have someone with a disability or handicapped they cannot get into a boat from the dock. Just a lawsuit waiting to happen. Which means more money from the conservation fund going to something other than where it needs to go. Dumba#$es.

The launch itself is nice. The docks might be a little tall for smaller boats but they launch some big boats there. The problem is the design of driving in and out around the medians and the lack of prep space. I'm quick with my boat, in and out in a few minutes but if you like to take your time to put things away and start a cover on, good luck during a busy day. And those medians make it tough with my 19' boat and trailer to not hit the curb. I couldn't imagine bringing a 30' boat in there on a trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United