Canandaigua Lake Help

Im goona be living on canandaigua lake this coming may and i have never fished this lake b4 only keuka and seneca heavily... if any one can give me advice on where to fish for lakers, smallies, or bass it would be greatly appreciated....

no relation but my mother was good frineds with sue growing up...although i dont think they talk much anymore...i will be living in can. so prolly fishing out of the launch there...i have a 16 ft. sylvan...downriggers...pretty much fully eqipped.

Probably do just fine sticking up at the North end of the lake there. Early in the season like that most fish are at either end with the North end usually better than the South. That's a general statement about all the Fingers, never fished C. myself. Look in pretty shallow water too. If you've fished Seneca in May do the same things you do there, should work... I think.

I agree, stay at the north end through the middle of July. When you head out from the launch hit the dropoff in the NW corner down to German Bros Marina turn around and troll the edge headed NE to the middle of the lake (almost a submerged point right in the middle of the lake-perfect spot). loop around and you'll hit fish. (Lakers & Browns). I have also had luck trolling a third of the lake from Cottage City to Long Point on the east side and around Menteth Point on the west and into the cove to the south of it. (Lakers/Browns and Rainbows).

Best of luck

Chuck