2017 Healing Waters Salmon Slam July 29th

Each team’s largest salmon, steelhead, brown trout, and lake trout can be used for weigh in. All fish must be brought to the weigh station in coolers.

• Scoring will be based on weight, 1 point per pound.
  • In the case of a tie, each captain will enter their name into a hat and the winner will be drawn.
  • The largest individual salmon, rainbow trout (steelhead), brown trout, and lake trout will each receive awards

Nick,

You are getting soft  :).  Is Theresa going to let you fish for lakers on her boat?

What about BFF, same as above or salmon only ?

I can bring my scale again this year if you want it

Edited by mudflat

I know Roy! It was PAINFUL for me to add Lake Trout this year! But someone had a good point, if we let people catch lakers, there will be that many less lakers in the lake :)

In all seriousness though, the rule change will allow the Veterans a chance to win prizes in the new Summer Classic tournament as well.

BFF is salmon only.

I am pleased to announce that all of our Veterans will be signed up for both the LOC and NYS Summer Classic this year!

To enter an LOC fish, everyone on board must have an LOC summer ticket. For the NYS Summer Classic, while everyone aboard does not need to register for the Veteran to weigh in, it is of course recommended.

A big thank you to the LOC, which will be entering all of our Veterans in the Summer LOC again this year!  Last year we had a Veteran win big with a huge Lake Trout.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we could catch a division winner for one of our Veterans this year?!

LOC.thumb.jpg.4a96518385edaaefd19e001c163c07d3.jpg

Edited by Ruff Rider

This year's Salmon Slam tournament dinner will be held at Docker's Restaurant at 6PM Friday July 28th! Dinners will be $30pp and will include dinner choice, salad, bread, fountain drinks, desert, tax and tip. If you would like to join us for a great meal, a lot of fun, and meet some of our Veterans and Captains, please RSVP with the names of who will be coming and their meal choice by July 9th. The meal choices are:
Steak Oscar (tavern steak topped with crab meat)
Chicken Marsalla
Fried or Broiled Haddock
Seafood Au Gratin

We will have our 50/50 raffle again this year as well!

We had over 70 folks join us last year and everyone is welcome whether you are a fisherman or just want to have a good time!

• 3 weeks later...

Boat registration is now complete!  Looks like we will have 35 boats this year, thank you everyone!  This is also your last chance to sign up for the Friday night Salmon Slam dinner at Dockers!

BFF entries ($50) can be entered up until I leave the dock Friday morning @5AM. 

This year's tournament is shaping up to be spectacular!  We would like to thank the following sponsors that have joined our event!

PNC.jpg.54ca63a64adeb1b176950ba4bf0e018d.jpgPlano.jpg.a062640920ae1593caec542750941164.jpgFrabill.png.124f946dafae5adff557803051b5d4b4.pngharris.png.9a7d44a37dda4d00b425d49c612bc32f.pngwilliamsfarms.png.f4b812ee3167834af480a056d74cfccb.pngnautica.thumb.jpg.c6c44429f06c3f9edf7b103578dd4628.jpg

fingerlakes_trellis_supply_logo1.gif.f59f04cfb93b3d890349c97559239cd5.gifdynalec.jpg.6acfcd4e3ff1f959f685139496cebaaf.jpgbartlettseptic.jpg.dc107e5e7e6cd9686a9648fb099b0845.jpglowes.jpg.34cced51bd59439d590d4e140a5aea27.jpg

As well as:
Martha Allers

Bill Reynolds

Natures Way Flower Shop

Factory Direct Trailers

Dockers Restaurant

Looking forward to another amazing event this year!! While Friday looks a bit sporty, forecast is looking good for Saturday - let's hope it holds!!

Yes let's cross our fingers that the forecast for Saturday holds and we can show our Veterans just how awesome our fishery is!

Current NWS offshore point forecast:

Friday
N wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
Friday Night
N wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
Saturday
NNE wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.

So using the general rule of X2 for the NWS forecast, we'll be in 4-8 footers on Friday for the BFF event and it'll settle down to 2-4's for Saturday... Let's hope their wave forecast is right for once...

I talked with Tom tonight, my vet from last year, and he's pumped to come again this year.

Told him it might be a little bumpy again this year but that didn't seem to bother him, he said he's coming no matter what! 

Yeah, Nick are we able to get same veteran?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, if you have stayed in touch with your Veteran and know he or she is coming again, we can pair you up. I don't get a list of names ahead of time, so I can't tell you if they are coming. 29 of our 39 Veterans will be at the Friday night dinner and I usually try to make my way around to talk to each one and see if they have gotten to know a captain either from the dinner or previous years to pair them up.

While we try to do our best to meet everyones wishes, we dont guarantee any pairing...

Yes, if you have stayed in touch with your Veteran and know he or she is coming again, we can pair you up. I don't get a list of names ahead of time, so I can't tell you if they are coming. 29 of our 39 Veterans will be at the Friday night dinner and I usually try to make my way around to talk to each one and see if they have gotten to know a captain either from the dinner or previous years to pair them up.

While we try to do our best to meet everyones wishes, we dont guarantee any pairing...

Sounds good enough. See everyone in a few days. Will be praying for calm weather.

soooo.... looks like mother nature may not cooperate with BFF this year.... I will let everyone know tomorrow, Thursday 7/27/2017, by 5PM if BFF will be moved to Saturday in conjunction with the Salmon Slam.  I will post the update on this thread as well as the Salmon Slam Facebook page.

soooo.... looks like mother nature may not cooperate with BFF this year.... I will let everyone know tomorrow, Thursday 7/27/2017, by 5PM if BFF will be moved to Saturday in conjunction with the Salmon Slam.  I will post the update on this thread as well as the Salmon Slam Facebook page.

Ugh..