2017 Healing Waters Salmon Slam July 29th

15 hours ago, Ruff Rider said:

Yes let's cross our fingers that the forecast for Saturday holds and we can show our Veterans just how awesome our fishery is!

It is not holding and has gone from OK to really bad. Might start thinking about a 10 am start time????

Yes we are working on options in case Saturday is unsafe.  We will have the BBQ and show the Veterans a good time on Saturday no matter what, but Captains may also want to keep their Sunday open if possible...

I have to drive my boat from Rochester port to Hughes marine. Either way I have to do it tomorrow. Last year I drove that trip in 4 to 6 footers. Don't feel like doing that again. Sunday is fine with me if that's all we got. Hope all can still make it. I would postpone everything if we can. Sunday is looking like a beautiful day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We're good for Sunday. Will any of the vets be able to join us if it's moved to Sunday?

I've contacted my vet, he's good. But I'M pretty sure we will lose a few. Including Captains. Either way I'm sure it will be a great turn out.

I have to drive my boat from Rochester port to Hughes marine. Either way I have to do it tomorrow. Last year I drove that trip in 4 to 6 footers. Don't feel like doing that again. Sunday is fine with me if that's all we got. Hope all can still make it. I would postpone everything if we can. Sunday is looking like a beautiful day.

I'm running mine to Hughes tomorrow as well. I'm coming from Fair Haven. 25 miles in 5-6s doesn't sound like fun. Tomorrow looks decent

'Bout Time
Mike

Thank you everyone for your support. In full transparency, here is what's going on...

The breakfast sandwiches, donuts, coffee, BBQ, and a majority of the Veterans and other arrangements will be here on Saturday... that is something that cannot be changed at this point. That being said, here is the plan...

Tomorrow (Thursday) by 5pm, we will announce if BFF is being moved to Saturday. If the Saturday forecast doesn't improve tomorrow, I will be working with the Project Healing Waters team to see what arrangements can be made for our Veterans to stay through Sunday.

Saturday... we will still have registration by 6am. If it is fishable, great! If not, but the forecast shows it fishable by 10am, we will delay until 10 and extend fishing to 2pm. If it is unfishable and forecast shows it not improving until Sunday, we will postpone the fishing part of the tourney (including BFF) to Sunday. We will still have breakfast, as well as the BBQ on Saturday. We are working with the local bowling alley as well to rent it out for an activity for our Veterans with their Captains. If folks have bocce or cornhole sets, it may be a good idea to bring them to the BBQ as well.

If the fishing tourney and BFF are moved to Sunday, the timelines will remain the same (register by 6am). We will pair up whatever Veterans are able to stay, with whatever Captains are able to fish. If there are more boats than Veterans, no problem, some teams just won't have a Veteran, but will still be eligible for all Captain prizes. We will have weigh in and then a quick prize ceremony.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes folks, but in the end, I know we will show our Veterans a great time!

What an awesome event!! Well done Nick/Teressa and crew!! Some very nice fish caught, great food, and lots of great times had by all! I must say, it was a pleasure having Tom on board with us again this year! He did a fantastic job today on the rods and landing our biggest king of the year so far tipping the scales to 26.09 and sitting in 15th place in the Summer LOC!!

For those fishing the event tomorrow out of Arney's, I'll run a Calcutta for anyone who wants in - $50/boat, largest 3 fish combined weight. Here are some pics from today, will post more later:

0729170505a.jpg

0729170532_HDR.jpg

0729170811a.jpg

0729171251g.jpg

Finders Keepers Catch.JPG

FK Award Acceptance.JPG

Leader Board.JPG

Shark Winners.JPG

Two Biggest Kings.JPG

Weigh-In 2.JPG

Weigh-In.JPG

Edited by Finders Keepers

• 9 months later...

Finders Keepers will be there again! Always a highlight of the season and a ton of fun! Not to mention a very rewarding experience every year! Plano, Frabill, Koyote Ugly, and Fillet Away Mats will all be sponsors of this year's event. Koyote Ugly will be painting up custom spoons and a couple exclusive Koyote Flashers for the event - every team will receive a spoon and 2 lucky teams will each receive a flasher. Let's hope for calm seas, nice weather, and dynamite fishing!!