NW Basin this morning...........

Thx Tom,with the stagers,toss the down temp out the window,and fish the marks on your graph(unless their high in the water column like yesterday-blank screen).

Thunder/lightning over here this morning,looks like the trip today is done :x :x

Skeiner, is absolutely right, in that as the month of August progresses, temp becomes less important, especially for the matures. Notice on the Oak site that matures were taken in 75 F.O.W. and some turning dark already. Last year at this time, I made the prediction that some kings would be in the Oak come Labor day weekend, and they were. I see the same for this year developing. Not a major run but any stretch, but there will be the early stragglers I believe. Point being, don't be afraid to keep a high line or 2 up to keep them honest. Don't be locked into the mindset that most of the sets need to be @ app 40 degrees or so. Obviously keep a few deep, but I have taken many kings that came from the 60's degree range at this time of year from here on out.

I think they are coming out of temp a little earlier this year though. It may be due to the flows from the rivers becasue of all the rain we have been getting. Normally 3-4week of August is staging kings time.....IMHO.

Irregardless.....nice fish Skeiner!

That fish was simply feeding out of temp. My guess is there was a ton of bait in that water column and this fish was on the feed. This fish is lacking distinguishing characteristics of a spawning king, namely the grayish underbelly and yellow spots that show up on stagers. My guess is its gullet was filled with alewives a stager would have a stomach as tight as Ray K's wallet.

Chinook is right, for the last several years we have pulled kings out of the 70 degree water right on the wall at PB. Usually 1/2 hour before daybreak -- Labor Day weekend!! We are talking' 2' down over 10 fow.

Those fishing the <100fow at PB in late July were taking all their fish out of temp. If you see them on the graph fish for them -- they are in there for one thing only -- to feed.

Keep up the good work,

CC