First trip to Canandaigua any suggestions?

its actually really nice and FREE! i launched my 16 ft down there during spring and headed to the west river for perch. i did notice it gets deep quick down at the south end. some of these other guys can give you some tips on catching the bows and browns but just like the big pond spoons, flasher flies, and wire seem to be popular.

The south end launch is nice, the lake level is up this year so you shouldn't have any problem. If you are after bows and browns read my posts the last couple weeks, you should be able to glean some info from them. Avoid the extreme south end, too shallow and you might lose gear get out around the White Rock on east side and set up. I like echips on flies and echips on flashers 8" lately but 11" flashers work too, just not yet this year for me. White or green flashers, spin dr's in mtn dew and dalmation.

Oh yeah and if you catch one a spoon tell me whatcha get em on cuz I can't get a spoon bit. Do you have down temp and speed? I will be out Saturday afternoon weather permitting and Sunday morning on channnel 68 give me a shout. Good luck!

Been reading the posts lately, my first trip to this lake ever so even the smallest peice of info would be appreciated. Trying to target some bows and browns. Going to launch out of the south end how is that launch??

Listen to FLXTroutman, him know trout on Canandaigua! :!: :!:

Just watch out for the floating VW Beetles of weeds! :evil:

Tripledeuce50 I will be on the lake Sunday morning out of South end Reel Hooked Up chanel 68. Put alot of bows and browns in the boat the last couple of weeks on Canandaigua. Spoons at 40 to 60 ft then flashers and flys like FLXTroutman is using. Sean

Tripleduece and I hit the south east side saturday morning. We cought a couple small rainbows and 10 or 11 lakers. Beautiful day on the lake. Weeds and fleas were minimal. Georgeous lake, very little boat traffic until 11 or so. We only saw one other boat until after 7:30 or so. Rasberry dolphin spoon worked well early off the one rigger and rays rasberry stinger spoon as a slider picked up both rainbows. Black/green spindoctor w/green crinkle fly cought most of the lakers early off a dipsey. Later on a livewire spinny w/ a no see um fly worked well. We are really looking foreword to getting back out on the lake.

What is the great big long building a few miles up the west side?