Advice for shallow/ less deep fishing needed

Advice for shallow/ less deep fishing needed

I fish alone in an 18' aluminum StarCraft, not comfy being far out in 300/400' depths. Is there anyone who has had any success in closer? Dumb question: where do the brown trout go as summer approaches? Mostly Interested in edible species, ie: not Lakers. I sure would appreciate advice on possible techniques. Thanks in advance.

Not many fishing browns right now.  Fish 7' - 50' and you will find them.  Use boards, leadcore, split shot ahead of flat lines, small dipsys, downriggers.  Small spoons should do the trick but sticks could work also.

Lots of fish 60- 150 on most days . Find structure and watch your depth finder . Fish the bait & below it. spoons off riggers this time of year are good. Maybe a dipsey also.  Keep it simple. Nice structure off oak east of port about a mile at those depths . Also west starting in front of Lakeside and west a few miles  of that  . Good luck. 

I started in a small 16 foot boat and fished in close all season for many years. Some times in the summer it is very hard to get salmon in close but a few tips would be start as early as you can. Some times the near shore bite will be extinct by 8 am in the summer. Also look for structure more as the fish seem to gravitate towards it when under 150 feet of water. Last suggestion less is more and not all marks on the bottom are Lakers. You can still have productive days in tight but they can be tough when the lake sets up in summer mode.