Canandaigua 8/7

Fished the North end off German Brothers, 100-130 feet. Marked plenty of fish, split between the top 25 and the bottom 40 or so. First hit came on the downrigger set at 75 with a hemlock spinner and smelt behind cow bells. While bringing that line up the thermocline on the port side started bouncing, resulting in a eater 3lb laker on a Sutton 6. Get em reset and the top water plug, silver/blue deep diver bomber starts slamming. After a pretty good show we get a gorgeous 21" smallmouth to the net, 4lb 10oz on the digital scale! A while later the starboard thermocline went with another laker on a large sutton also. Reset it, make the slow turn and the same rig went with a smaller 15" smallmouth. Havent had much luck on the wire and diver lately with flys, so with a 1/2 hour left I pulled the fly and put on a silver/blue diamond king and had another laker on in short order. They wanted big spoons today and the only colors were silver and blue. Cant get out again until Sunday... :(

Hey guys we will be out Sunday too, hoping for some nice weather and good fishing. Dan do you have VHF? Give me shout on ch. 68 in the morning. Also when you are running wire what color are your dipsies?

I am planning on being out Sunday morning if the weather cooperates. I have a guy with 2 young kids going, so we will see. I will turn on the vhf on channel 68, try me if you want. I started out the other day with a purple dipsey but switched to blue and white when they seemed to want blue. Earlier in the year it was chartreuse on the dipsey and green fly, but that has been out of favor for a few weeks now. I will be in the same area and start out with big spoons, silver and blue again and go from there....