Reel Stories Derby recap

Well, our weekend started friday with a friend along fishing the big fish friday event. It was a great day. We had enough bites and fish to make anyone feel confident with how slow the lake had been up until now. Dave and I managed a grand slam with some nice browns to boot. We fished sunrise until about 4 pm that day, and our biggest laker we decided to keep at the end of the day. We had the 3rd largest of the day for bff. What a weekend for bret, we will let him tell his side of the story.

Saturday, figured we would hit the silver program, not one to be had here but plenty of lakers to keep us busy. As the bite slowed down, we relocated and got back into a few fish mid day and some smaller class silvers. Our customers were out for catch and release unless it was a derby contender. Side note, plenty of lamprey's on these fish this weekend. All small though. We managed a better fish that put our guys on the board for the day, and stuck through monday.

Sunday, we tried the same program, producing fish again, we made the same move mid day and got into some deep fish. We were able to produce another board fish that hung on til just about the last hour on monday. Monday evening the wife and I went out for a few hours when the wind picked up, managed a few bites but went back to dock to relax.

Monday, well, it rained.. I expected a good screen compared to the last few days, there was a bit more action on the graph, however, no takers, slid deep again for the hail Mary on to a bigger fish. We worked deep water and managed some high lakers and a couple silver bites. We were making our last pass of the morning at about 10:20am, our deep diver started to get smashed. This looked as if it was our best bite all weekend. After a bit of a struggle in rough water and some good line handling by the customers, we manged to get a quality fish for this year's derby. We quickly picked up and ran back to dock and weighed I'm what would be the 2nd place lake trout overall. Taking home a nice payday for the guys. It was nice to see everyone at the ceromony and congrats to all the winners. I look forward to this every year. Been fishing since I was a little guy. Thanks to the guys that put this on. Lots of fun.

Nick

20170527_044000.jpg20170529_105936.jpg1496148205775.jpegResized952017052895062158.jpg

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

What Nick didn't mention is that he lost his grandfather this weekend also.. I'm very sorry Nick for your loss and thoughts and prayers to you and your family.. Extremely professional way to continue on for the weekend with all the emotions and thoughts probably going on in your head... Congratulations on putting your customers on fish all weekend and getting them on that board and holding a great spot down awesome job!!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job Nick and Butch I manage to way rainbow 4.32 came up a little short manage get a couple this year and not get skunked. Again great job