Sold / Closed 10,000lb Trailer for wide-beam boats

10,000lb Trailer for wide-beam boats

New asking price $2,750

Hi everyone,

I'm selling my trailer. It's registered at 10,000lb. As it is currently configured, it would best fit boats in the 28-32 foot class.

It is built with a large C channel mobile home frame, spring, and axles wheels and tires and uses a 2 5/16" ball. The front axle has brakes. The winch is fitted with a strap. It has 1 new tire and the other 3 are older but road worthy. I cleaned and packed the bearings 2-3 years ago.

The trailer was repainted about 5 years ago and overall it looks pretty good.

This trailer is suited for wide beam boats 9-12' wide. I used it as a winter storage trailer and to move the boat to and from storage in the spring and fall so it has very little road mileage.

592d7bb40e882_trailer1.thumb.jpg.28aad257bd7ce10526edfc4aaedc12bd.jpg

592d7bc1cb238_trailer2.thumb.jpg.80b7c72445bd01251ba4e0c089c7f28d.jpg

592d7bd1f02c5_trailer3.thumb.jpg.ed2579ba6cae1551e593bd114be3846b.jpg

592d7db1d9583_trailer4.thumb.jpg.0febb65a0ec594bfa192fb35dda3e5f3.jpg

Edited by John E Powell

I believe with straight inboards you would not have to move the "winch stand bar " more than a couple inches. With the inboards or inboard the motors are usually centered over the wheels. This gets the correct tongue weight and puts the bulk of the weight where it has the most support. You would also have to put some 2x10's/12's on edge to give the shafts clearance and rudders from touching the ground. Not seeing a side picture I would guess that the outboards will not allow you to go forward without hitting the cross braces, which can always be altered. I think its a great deal for anyone looking to save money over a 3-4 year time line. Think of what you pay to store your boat at a marina with in/out fees. vs keeping it at home where you can work on her at your leisure without worrying about what tools you forgot on your way to the marina. If I didn't have a trailer I would be all over it just based on my ROI.   GLWS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...