Northern ontario trolling

Northern ontario trolling

A few years a go when I was ten my mother passed away, me and my father were on our own. To ease our minds this new mentor entered my life, who was a SLR fisherman, took me and for my father out and as my dad says he had lost all control... We were hooked! All we wanted to do was get up there and fish, now we have a camp in Cape Vincent (we being me my dad and his fried Craig AKA my mentor) this man helped me with everything! From advice for life to working on snowmobiles. I looked forward to going up to camp every day I wasn't there, Craig took me and my father under his wing, we have just found out Craig has cancer. We had bought a Starcraft fish-master and bought  out a older man who had passed alway over 3000 pieces of salmon and trout fishing gear, Craig is going for a major surgery in around a month and me and my father agreed that any time we can over the next month were going to Try to take him fishing. This weekend we are going to launch, we hope at three mile bay. Any advice  on salmon, trout, walleye, what ever would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you all very much.  

Hope your mentor has a quick recovery! Being out will help.

Would get more responses if you posted this topic in the NY fishing reports section. I have fished and launched out 3 mile 3 days last weekend. Fri was a good day, Sat all we caught were sheep head in same spots we caught edible fish day before. Sun was a ghost town! Bait dissipated! Lost a good Pike at back of boat, only fish we hooked. Looking forward to this weekend follies! Gonna rig deep and run for salmon, something different. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Team Perch Lake Effect said:

Hope your mentor has a quick recovery! Being out will help.

Would get more responses if you posted this topic in the NY fishing reports section. I have fished and launched out 3 mile 3 days last weekend. Fri was a good day, Sat all we caught were sheep head in same spots we caught edible fish day before. Sun was a ghost town! Bait dissipated! Lost a good Pike at back of boat, only fish we hooked. Looking forward to this weekend follies! Gonna rig deep and run for salmon, something different. Good luck!

I think that's our plan as well 

Haven't seen it in a few weeks but I'm sure it's flooded like all the other ones. Better to launch in Stoney if you wanna target bigger fish. If you wanna cast for bass and pike Dexter would be the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United