Sportsman ? Not so much

I've enjoyed his fish videos more than any other that I think of. It doesn't excuse the baiting but if you've ever hunted ducks, it ican be extremely difficult to identify them in the air before you squeeze the trigger.

Seems about right unfortunately, most fish and game violators are let off way too easy. For all the man hours that was probably put into this investigation, and the fact that is was a federal violation, I was expecting a bigger punishment. But then again, I'm not surprised.....

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

39 minutes ago, ogrob56 said:

I've enjoyed his fish videos more than any other that I think of. It doesn't excuse the baiting but if you've ever hunted ducks, it ican be extremely difficult to identify them in the air before you squeeze the trigger.

SERIOUSLY??? You are going to actually make an EXCUSE for him OR these so-called 'hunters'????

Here is what you do if you aren't sure what species the bird is.......DON'T SHOOT.

That being said.......ALL ducks are 'protected'........the article isn't clear if they were ducks permitted to be shot (like mallards) or ones that were not (like cormorants).

Guides who break the law should be subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.....ESPECIALLY when knowingly do it.

SERIOUSLY??? You are going to actually make an EXCUSE for him OR these so-called 'hunters'????

Here is what you do if you aren't sure what species the bird is.......DON'T SHOOT.

That being said.......ALL ducks are 'protected'........the article isn't clear if they were ducks permitted to be shot (like mallards) or ones that were not (like cormorants).

Guides who break the law should be subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.....ESPECIALLY when knowingly do it.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2- this guy should never be able to purchase a hunting license in this state ever again. Under water feeders- this guy took scum bag to a new level and profited from it. Wonder how many times he got away with it before he got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

LOL! Here's a guy who we all either saw his boats all over the lake and his how to video's and a hunting guide, I often wondered how or why he's always has a full ticket, hunting, fishing, I know of guys that bait fish in also in our local lake, chicken parts for stripers burlap bags with dead critters in for catfish!! Just talked to a guy who lives around home here in Pa, has property on the left hand side headed towards the lake there's a big bay and the Saiff boats the last year or so have been trolling that Bay Area?? He said it seemed odd unless they wanted to get a few pike in there??

The Saiff "fleet " have been running rough shod over the eastern end of Lake O for years. I've had his boats start setting up within feet of my rig in the past. And then get on the radio and tell his other boats I am crowding him. The best answer to this is boycott his charter business and get the word out to others

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have been out fishing with some friends and his boats have done the same to us and had cut us off different times making us change course and get into snags! They are not that well liked among the guys I know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by bobby416n
typo errors

His boats are notorious for cruising at top speed right across your bow while your trolling, and crowding any boat that is seen netting a fish. It's the most unprofessional fleet of boats I've ever encountered on the water in over 30 years of fishing the great lakes and the Gulf of Mexico.

He barely got a slap on the wrist for his duck hunting violations. He probably made enough money on those 2 hunts to pay for his $5,000 fine.

Edited by Todd in NY

This guy would go to any length to sabotage a fellow fishing guide.. While at the same time, I'd be surprised if even one of his eight boats could pass a coast guard inspection. Same guy who thinks he's the staple of the Henderson area while fishing for Pickerel and Lake Trout during the opening week of Walleye. 

Wow! Don't know who he is, never heard of him, but boy does he sound like a real a-hole! I hope you guys that live in that area get the word out to potential clients and maybe he'll have to sell a few of those eight boats! Less of that crap on the water is a good thing!

6 hours ago, GlassWater Outdoors said:

Pathetic. No excuse. Way too light of a punishment especially since he is a guide. He should of lost both Hunting and Fishing privileges.   

Coast Guard license holders do not have to get a NYS Guide license for fishing.

As a new guide my self he got a slap on the wrist he is supposed to be setting a example to other fellow sportsmen and as much as i like watching his videos he does like to here him self talk .And i must say it was cool watching his boat pass by last sept well we were fighting a double of kings ! I really do hate the baiting issue i had 32 major bait piles for deer located by fish and game last year within a mile of my property last year all it does is over harvest young deer and educate mature bucks .

The fact that he profited from his illegal activity should of warranted a much heavier fine and impact on his future license abilities. Being it was a federal offense, with as much bait used, birds illegally shot I'm really surprised at what fines he was given. If he still has a business of guiding and chartering I'm at a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

You need a guide license to guide clients shoreward of the demarcation line in the code of federal reg's 

he needs a guide license in ny to guide hunter    But he can hire people to guide the sports.  He sits back and collects the cash.  They eat in his returaunts, lodge in his motel. And hunt withmhis guides. 

BSO= bill saiff outdoors.  Now the smoke and mirrors get exposed.  

Restitution needs to be paid.