Sportsman ? Not so much

His offense will have no impact on his ability to charter as its regulated by the Uscg while lake ward of the demarcation line stated in the Code of Federal regulation 46 CFR. 

His offense will affect his ability to guide sports in New York State.. 

As of now he's only been to state court. Federal court will be next I believe 

I too hold 100 ton USCG master captain license giving me the ability to take up to 6 passengers for hire on inland waters and Great Lake as well as being licensed by New York State as a hunting and fishing guide. 

The fact that this will not cripple his business immediately goes without saying. Him and his father always have been, and always will be, bullies on the water AND in the fields. None of the locals I know like them. We didn't need this to cement that feeling. Not letting this topic go cold and making it known through this lovely thing we call social media is about the best any of us can do. Food at his restaurant sucks, him and his fleet are a bunch of self-important jerks and I for one smile with every bit of bad press that he gets.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunting in farm corn and grain fields is similar but not illegal. Food plots are everywhere to attract game for hunting. The need is to keep deer populations under somewhat control since posting property creates sanctuaries that reduce harvest numbers. Everyone has their personal thoughts that conflict with others but politicians pass regulations that are popular for their reelection needs. The loss of hunting opportunities and harvest regulations are not conducive to good fish and wildlife management. Never do you read of the automobile and deer collisions that are a result of hunting regulations. The duck hunters have limited opportunities for success and they support Conservation and wildlife controls but now are considered criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Under water feeders filled with corn- Yea this guy was a true champion of conservation jimski. The audacity of us all to be outraged, how dare we. We should back this guy because he's a duck "hunter"- I use that term loosely. Irish coffee this morning???

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Hunting in farm corn and grain fields is similar but not illegal. Food plots are everywhere to attract game for hunting. The need is to keep deer populations under somewhat control since posting property creates sanctuaries that reduce harvest numbers. Everyone has their personal thoughts that conflict with others but politicians pass regulations that are popular for their reelection needs. The loss of hunting opportunities and harvest regulations are not conducive to good fish and wildlife management. Never do you read of the automobile and deer collisions that are a result of hunting regulations. The duck hunters have limited opportunities for success and they support Conservation and wildlife controls but now are considered criminals.

get out of here with this BS

I see what you are saying Jim but there is a huge difference in what you are talking about and what he did. He setup feeding stations in an area where there isn't any natural forage making the Animals congregate in his location for profit. Not nearly the same as 100's of acres for the birds to choose from. It's not luck or talent when you do what he did.

I can only imagine what he has done hunting other animals on other properties when it is only him and his sons. I have fished the Henderson area for 11 years and routinely see his boats trolling in front of my cottage on Chaumont in 10 fow or less for the opener of walleye and then after. During the colder days of the season the pike will not be in the shallows as much but the bass will be. So I wonder what he is targeting for his clients? You should catch them fish but blatantly going after bass out of season is illegal in Jefferson county.

Food plots are the same???? LMBO!!! If that's the case come and get me, mine our starting to go in as we speak! Planting fields with corn is not even close to the same thing as dumping a 50lb bag and sitting by it, put that to rest!

Food plots are the same???? LMBO!!! If that's the case come and get me, mine our starting to go in as we speak! Planting fields with corn is not even close to the same thing as dumping a 50lb bag and sitting by it, put that to rest!

Was gonna say the same thing.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

I have experienced his bully charter boats, I rented a slip off of Henchens, anyway I was getting fuel at the pumps and his guy wanted to fuel up also, he thought I should move for him to get gas. Now mind I was  getting 50 gallon   So it takes some time he inched his way just short of my step platform  ok  I get, you over slept Your clients aren't happy with ya, I'm not shutting the pump off at 1/2 a tank because your the last charter in harbor yet, get bent :mooning:              

From the NYSDEC Website on the Guide's program:

Individuals engaging in the business of guiding on all lands and waters of the state shall possess a license issued by the department. There are, however, some exceptions. They include persons operating or assisting upon a public vessel for hire (passenger carrying vessels), licensed by the United States Coast Guard or New York State while on the following waters:

1. The Atlantic Ocean
  2. All other marine, coastal and tidal waters including:
    • The Hudson River up to the Troy Barrier Dam
    • The St. Lawrence River and the navigable portion of its tributaries
    • The Great Lakes and the navigable portion of their tributaries
    • Lake Champlain and the navigable portion of its tributaries
    • Cayuga Lake and Seneca Lake and the navigable portion of their tributaries

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, pap said:

I have experienced his bully charter boats, I rented a slip off of Henchens, anyway I was getting fuel at the pumps and his guy wanted to fuel up also, he thought I should move for him to get gas. Now mind I was  getting 50 gallon   So it takes some time he inched his way just short of my step platform  ok  I get, you over slept Your clients aren't happy with ya, I'm not shutting the pump off at 1/2 a tank because your the last charter in harbor yet, get bent :mooning:              

I thought that was the  way everyone got fuel at henchens come in as fast as you can in a no wake zone !!! They pounded the $hit out of my boat on the dock hope that $hit hole falls in the lake  .... wow forgot how I felt about that place till you rubbed a raw nerve LOL

What.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, shinintimes said:

I thought that was the  way everyone got fuel at henchens come in as fast as you can in a no wake zone !!! They pounded the $hit out of my boat on the dock hope that $hit hole falls in the lake  .... wow forgot how I felt about that place till you rubbed a raw nerve LOL

Sorry bud, I didn't mean to ruin your day, but yea, I noticed the same thing, but I just chalked it up as it was a weekend and calmed myself, this must be what the locals call the "weekend warriors" LOL :lol: