Sportsman ? Not so much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems pretty light for the guide himself who taught hundreds of people it's OK to hunt over a pond that grows its own corn kernels.. LOL!

I particularly like this.....

"Also, Porter asked if the $10,000 donation requirement could be handled by "in-kind" donations to groups seeking or wanting do things like raffle off hunting or fishing trips handled by Saiff's business. Once again, Danks said, she was going to leave that up to Saiff's probation officer."

WTF? So he can promote his "business" through his "donation" fines?

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree, he's a community asset pays big taxes, so we can't strip him of his money making ways or the county looses their $$$$ so the old saying that still stands true "it's not who you know it's who you b--w" still stand true to this very day.:mooning:

At the risk of being drummed off the forum, I don't know the details of the case, but what I thought about when I read the posted article is this: How many hunters plant food plots, turnips, clover, etc and hunt over them?  They are timed to produce the feed at the hunting season usually, are they not? How many use lures, create mock scrapes? I have seen many of those aerosol cans "Buck Bombs" strewn through the woods. People don;t even have the decency to pick them up. How many go to Canada and hunt Bears over  55 gal drum? Is there a big difference between those things, and spreading some corn? What if he had planted some fields right beside the water?  I have never hunted over bait, and I don't like the idea. I  don't have any food plots, but I do hunt where the farmers have planted feed. In fact last year, I hunted the edge of a 50 acre standing corn field. As far as shooting the protected ducks, I wonder if Saiff shot them, or one of his trigger happy clients who are not familiar with identification shot them? Maybe he needs better control over his blind, or better education of his clients. Maybe there is mitigating elements to the case we are not aware of. This post is not meant to defend what happened, but to generate thought about baiting, versus food plots, etc. I do not know the man at all. Every time we go fishing, we are baiting our prey! LOL, that was a joke. 

@ Garry.

Yes there is a difference.  The difference is he ran a business using illegal means..  Whether it is Bill Saiff baiting ponds or Enron using illegal accounting practices, If you are using illegal means to run your business it should be expected that you will be judged harshly.

Edited by weave

Every time I read this it just blows my mind- He built a underwater feeding trough and put 50 pounds of corn in it and profited off it and this scum bag gets to hunt and guide hunts again in this state in a few years. At very least both those things should have been taken from him forever! hunting is a privilege not a right-

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 5 weeks later...

I ran into him once while duck hunting public property. He was obnoxious and unprofessional. It definitely was all about him. Duck hunting is a passion, and when passionate duck hunters hunt near each other they are courteous and thoughtful. Very few things are as rewarding, as shooting ducks at 15 yards that you fooled with your decoys and call. Anyone can shoot ducks over bait, and Bill Saiff is an outlaw from his own admittance.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jimski2 said:

There is a flim flam man in town here and in Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The one in Henderson has been caught again before his probation was over. He will be sentenced again . This time a bit less friendly.

As for the one in Washington, this is a family and fishing website so let's not talk about him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rolmops said:

The one in Henderson has been caught again before his probation was over. He will be sentenced again . This time a bit less friendly.

As for the one in Washington, this is a family and fishing website so let's not talk about him.

So Saiff got nailed again baiting for clients? He lost all hunting related guiding privileges until Jan 1st this year so I doubt things will go so well for him. Personally I think he got off easy with $15000 in fines and charges. 

Edited by Chas0218

Totally agree , Up-chuck Schumer needs to be recalled He and Pelosi are a disgrace. President Trump is trying to make good on a campaign promise ( obviously supported by the majority ) The dems are using this as political propaganda. And should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2