Marina Docking Charges - Flooding in Lake Ontario

Marina Docking Charges - Flooding in Lake Ontario

We have leased  two docks at a marina on Lake Ontario.  Unfortunately, the flooding at our Marina will not allow boats to be placed at our docks, and the Marina will not allow boats to be launched or docked.  The Marina said it may be more than a month before docks will be accessible.  At what point is it appropriate to ask for docking charges to be prorated or refunded? 

Marina's are hurting right now. You may run into the old, this was not the fault of the marina and we can't refund your money. We will knock 10% off of next years slip fee. What does your contract state if you have one. You might have a handshake and not written.

No, it does not look good. I live up near the lake and grew up on the lake and have lots of friends who live on the water. I see it daily and don't see anything before mid-late July. I called my storage place today and asked what the cost is to keep the boat in longer (no need for tree spinners, bird doo, pollen and leaves filling the boat). He told me not to worry about it right now. That was nice of him. I am going out this weekend to pull the batteries and bring them home just in case it ends up spending the summer in the barn. They are on year 5 this year. Hope it works out with your slip.