Fair Haven & Oswego Report - Friday Aug. 8th AM

I just got off the phone with Jim Jared of Shade Tree Charters and he's having a lot better morning chasing Kings than he did yesterday. He's hooked up with 5 majors this morning and was just about to dip the net under another one when we were talking. He said he's been in 200-400 FOW West of port and a Chrome E-Chip/LBB fly fished off of his wire divers out 300 on a #3 was his go-to combo. Jim's FF is on the fritz so he couldn't tell me if he was marking fish or not so I have no idea what the screen looks like out there.

I talked to Jay at Shawn's earlier today and one of the rec boats out of that marina just came in with a nice major that took a Habanero Spinny/ Pro-AM fly combo. They were only out for a couple of hours before a line of thunderstorms chased them off the lake. Sorry, but he didn't have details for me.

Sounds like things might be starting to heat up out there....keep your fingers crossed that this is the start of something good!

I just got a phone call from Andy Bliss who's out on Cold Steel this afternoon out of Oswego. They're brown fishing East of port and already have 8 in the boat after just over an hour's time. Divers out 180-210' on a #2.5 pulling Stinger Frogs, Tuxedos and Mongoose spoons are the ticket. Their best down speed is 2.0-2.2 down 90 over 100FOW. Sounds like they're really into the fish this afternoon and they've had a couple of doubles and a triple already.

Choices, choices...browns in tight and Kings out deep!

I'm gonna try and keep you guys as updated as I can over the next month or so as I talk to my buddies out on the lake. So keep posted for up-to-the-minute reports as I get them.

Bill, you gonna be around by the boat this weekend? I'm probably gonna make the run down the FH tomorrow and register for the Challenge and I'll be stopping in to Anchor to visit with Chris for a while (we usually stay there for the Challenge).

Tim

Tim,

My first custmers are staying at Anchor and I should be hitting Chris's dock around 2:30 before I head out on the second one. May be I'll see you there.

Werner

I just got an IM from the Cold Steel boys. At 2:25 pm they're headed in with their 5 man limit of browns. Same depths & lures as earlier today did the trick for them. Divers were the best deployment device for them too.