Sold / Closed REPAIR or PARTS Motor - 1975 Mercury 3CYL 65HP Outboard

REPAIR or PARTS Motor - 1975 Mercury 3CYL 65HP Outboard

This motor was purchased as a spare for a boat that was completely refurbished. That boat was recently sold. I bought it knowing it had a fuel leak. Had the motor running to locate and identify options for fixing. Had the motor checked at Presque Isle Sports in Erie PA. Had the Carbs rebuilt, Installed New Fuel Pump and Filter. Had the Water Impeller changed. And pressure tested lower unit. I had planned to change a gasket to repair fuel leak at some point in future. I have purchased another boat to refurbish and I will need a much bigger outboard for this one.
The Merc 650 had very good and even compression in each cylinder (142 142 140). You can check it time of purchase, I have a compression gauge. If you are mechanical inclined, you will have a very nice motor when done. 
This motor will come with Power Cord- Controls- and a spare prop and fuel tank ( 6 gallon ). It has very low time on it, was in storage indoors for quite some time. I have priced motor so you can recoup your initial cost if you want to part it out. This motor has been properly stored indoors. I just do not have the time to break it down. Need the space and want to get started on this next project.
Price is $400 and it is FIRM (cash sale only). Thank You for looking.

DSCN0262.JPG

DSCN0263.JPG

DSCN0264.JPG

DSCN0265.JPG

DSCN0266.JPG

DSCN0267.JPG

DSCN0268.JPG

DSCN0269.JPG

Edited by freebird18