Alaskan King Salmon recipe

I know this is a catching site not an eating site, but its winter, and for a while you will be able to get Alaskan troll-caught King Salmon in the grocery stores and fish marts.

This is fresh, not previously frozen, and it is really good stuff.

Here is one of my favorite recipes. This is a stove top recipe.

You will need:

1 fillet of about 1½ pounds of Alaskan King Salmon

Hand full of sun dried tomatoes sliced into strips

Two tablespoons chopped garlic

On medium chopped onion

Chopped mushrooms(optional)

Your favorite mustard

Olive oil

Salt and pepper

Place a large frying pan on medium heat and coat the bottom with oil.

Add ½ of the garlic, all of the onions, tomatoes and mushrooms and simmer.

Remove the skin from the fillet and pull the floater bones with pliers.

Rub ½ of the remaining garlic into one side of the fillet then schmear with

Mustard.

Turn the heat up to medium-high and place the fillet on top of the simmering pan contents, mustard side down.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper

Apply garlic and mustard to side two.

Cook 12-14 minutes per inch of thickness, turning halfway through.

I serve it with potato logs and pan fried green beans. It smells great cooking and tastes as good as it smells.

Enjoy

Paul

Since I'm the chef at the North and Jax likes to cook and Fishinman is THE Chef at a great restaurant in Rochester, a spot where we could all share recipes would be cool. I would be willing to share many great ways to cook our beloved fish. - Mick

Here is one of my favorite recipes that can be used with salmon steaks or fillets. You will need:

6 Salmon steaks or fillets about 1 inch thick

1/2 cup melted butter

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. paprika

1 cup crushed potato chips

1 cup crushed saltines

Lemon wedges

parsley sprigs

Rinse and pat dry the salmon. Combine the butter, salt, and paprika and mix. Dip the salmon in the mixture. In another bowl combine the Saltines and potato chips. Dip the salmon in the mixture coating it on both sides. Place the salmon on a lightly greased broiler rack and broil about 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 8 min. Turn and broil and additional 5 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. You serve the salmon with the lemon wedges and parley sprigs. If there is butter left in the bowl after coating the fish I drizzle it over the steaks or fillets before broiling.

Hahaha - you guys crack me up. I hear you loud and clear. My apologies for not seeing this thread sooner. Send me a PM next time :)

Ok, so one hot fresh recipe section coming right up!

Bon Appetit!

133154482.jpg

I know this is a catching site not an eating site, but its winter, and for a while you will be able to get Alaskan troll-caught King Salmon in the grocery storesand fish marts.

This is fresh, not previously frozen, and it is really good stuff.

Here is one of my favorite recipes. This is a stove top recipe.

I tried this receipe out Tuesday night and it now has a permanent place in my cook book. Vary goood and a pleasant change from my other recipes. I didn't have any salmon to try it on but did wip out some nice brown fillets from the freezer.

This recipe should be moved or reposted to the "Recipe" section if it hasn't already. I'm sure others will enjoy it also.

Thanks Paul

• 4 weeks later...

To all on posting a site for cooking what we catch....great idea, and thank you.

I bring home a couple salmon over the course of a season, not the big ones but 10-13 pounders and I simply am tired of the same old recipes that try to mask the flavor, or do not accent it. My wife hates fish, but my kids love it, so this will be good for me.

I have a few of these printed out for the early spring BBQ, when ever that really decides to arrive. Thanks again and take care.

I serve it with potato logs and pan fried green beans. It smells great cooking and tastes as good as it smells.

Enjoy

Paul

How bout posting the pan fried green beans recipe too. They sound great. ;)

• 3 years later...