Copper line and Planer Boards

Copper line and Planer Boards

How much copper can I run behind a standard size (OR-12) Offshore in-line planer board? I've read that I can run 3 colors of lead without sinking the standard boards. How about the larger SST boards?

I run 7 - 10 color lead on my church walleye boards without and issues. The walleye board is only a 1/2 inch longer than the OR12 you have. As far as copper we have run 300 copper on them. They don't sink but they do drag back a lot. I would not recommend running that much copper. But 200 copper would work fine I think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

anyone ever run segmented copper? say 200' copper then a 10' of mono then an additional 100-300' of copper. This way if you wanted to run it on a board you could attach to the mono section or if you wanted to run full 300/500' copper you could do that as well?

Edited by FishingFool34

I'm still working on figuring out a decent spread from a smaller boat (18'). I wanted to find something I could run off planer boards that i could get away from my spread. I will be running 2 riggers (possibly stacked) along with 2 dipsies and then something on boards, I have 3 color LC i could run but was looking for something to get some spoons down a little deeper... maybe mono with snap weights? I have in-line boards and I'm not sure how to run them when fishing salmon as the ones I have don't release from the line (offshore OR12 boards), I worry they might break the line or cost me to lose the fish with a big run. Also running 2 dipsies on the same side of the boat also seems like a disaster waiting to happen so I would like to avoid that as well.

Edited by FishingFool34

I'm still working on figuring out a decent spread from a smaller boat (18'). I wanted to find something I could run off planer boards that i could get away from my spread. I will be running 2 riggers (possibly stacked) along with 2 dipsies and then something on boards, I have 3 color LC i could run but was looking for something to get some spoons down a little deeper... maybe mono with snap weights? I have in-line boards and I'm not sure how to run them when fishing salmon as the ones I have don't release from the line (offshore OR12 boards), I worry they might break the line or cost me to lose the fish with a big run. Also running 2 dipsies on the same side of the boat also seems like a disaster waiting to happen so I would like to avoid that as well.

I run four dipseys on my 19' boat every time I'm out, unless it's 3-5 footers. Just run a mag diver on a one and a regular diver with ring on a 3.5. Deploy them slow and when possible, set the outside (3.5) diver first. I also run 10 colors, 300 copper, or shorter cores on church inline boards when I want a few extra lines away from the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United