Lake Erie Walleye & Steelhead out of Barcelona

Haven't gotten out fishing this year because of health as much as I'd like to. Made it to Barcelona at the end of July for a day. People just don't realize how great the fishing is there. Catching nice Walleye and Steelhead at the same time all on Michigan Stingers, 100-120 fow 50-60 feet down. People just don't realize what a trophy fishery we have here in Lake Erie from Dunkirk to Barcelona. Between Lake Erie and the great trout and salmon fishing in Lake Ontario, why do Western NY'ers have to go anywhere else? Here are a couple of pictures of a Walleye and a Steelhead that my wife caught. Hope to get back there soon. I live in Penn Yan so it's a long drive for us but well worth it!! Max, our dog, thinks so too.

We'll be on Ontario the next few weeks for the big guys.

P7150004.jpg

P7150005.jpg

I hope to be on the lake for a couple days next week, maybe weds-fri. I usually come out from the launch at Dunkirk, head out to the second 90 and run the worm harnesses. I would really like it if someone could give me some real-time information regarding the wind and weather before I drive the two hours from Canandaigua. The last two years the worthless weather man says winds light and waves under two feet.......show up and find 4 footers rolling down the lake. I will post again on Tuesday or Wednesday if someone is around the lake to help me out with the forecast that would be great!!! Thanks.

dan

Whats she have on her hands? I need to get my brother-in-law a pair of those! :mrgreen:

Nice fish! I need to make my way over there. My wife wants to travel from Rochester, to Cleveland, to Toledo where she's from, and back home to Rochester. I'll sneak Barcelona on the itinerary! Is there a good B&B near a marina near there?