9.9 kicker

Zinger11

9.9 kicker

I have a Honda 9.9 kicker that I run on my 25' wellcraft that has a 5.7. I ran the fuel line to the Honda from the fuel separator and I have a hard time getting fuel on initial startup once I get it running it will go all day but when I shut it off I lose all the pressure no matter how many time I pump the ball and have to start up the big motor to get fuel back to the separator. Any thoughts Thanks

one of the two motors is drawing air witch is taken the prim from the lines and making your motors run lean witch is not good .there was just another topic  about using valves or tees with priming bubs  to hook a fuel line to the kicker . from the main tank . there is some good information in there check it out . i have a four stroke hook to the main tank . i used a three way valve  with a prime bub in the line for the kicker only , cause i like to run the kicker out of gas at the end of the day . once i turn the valve to one side or the other the motor that is running can't draw air / fuel from the one that not being used . i had this set a short for it is new and it been working fine . just don't forget to turn the valve on for the motor you want to run or you won't get far don't ask me how i know :rofl:

Edited by fisherdude

I have an i/o so with a 3 way valve once I was on the fishing grounds I would have to shut my 5.7 off , lift my dog house switch the valve to the kicker, pump the ball and start the kicker and pray the boat doesn't get blown around while this all happens ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, Zinger11 said:

I have an i/o so with a 3 way valve once I was on the fishing grounds I would have to shut my 5.7 off , lift my dog house switch the valve to the kicker, pump the ball and start the kicker and pray the boat doesn't get blown around while this all happens ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i have an i/o also i put the valve where i can get to it with out opening any thing. i can run the i/o for bout 5 to 7 mins after turning the valve to kicker to get going on the fishing grounds . hell for that matter i set up with wind to my stern . all is good .

I just put a shut off valve in the main line from the tank. Then I put a tee. Then I connected both outboard motor lined ( each has a bulb) to the tee. I hope this works. I'm tired of dealing with 3 gal tanks for the kicker. I will always carry one for emergency purposes though.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok fished all day yesterday with no problem at all. I Just have a tee in main gas line, and connect the two hoses from outboard and kicker to the tee. Both hoses have a primer bulb. I did put a shutoff valve in the main gas line before the tee.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app