Cayuga Species confirmation

Species confirmation

I caught this beautiful 10.5 pound fish last summer in Cayuga Lake.  I'm pretty sure it's a brown trout, but I've never seen one so golden looking.  Just wanted to confirm with you guys because I've been curious for a long time now.  Anybody?  Is it a brown trout?  Managed to land an 8.5 pounder 2 days after also, which I'm positive was a brown, with slightly darker color.  Thanks in advance!

14022248_10208689263081749_3449161898584997254_n.jpg

Nick it does resemble one closely. I used to fish for them when I was stationed over there.

Edited by Sk8man

We got into Brown's like this (colored up nothing near that big) last August and September as well in similar area they were in there pretty thick we slid in to Check the shallower water after we had our fill of bows and were very happy with gorgeous browns wish we could be got one that big. Congrats!

That the derby winner? FB_IMG_1483404997152.jpg
The thing about these fish once their in the lake, there's no garantee that they will be the "brown trout" norm..

So many different spectrums can appear on this one species. Love it.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Yes Nick Canandaigua 2016 16.18 lbs free mount was part of the prize :) Browns are like cameleons in their environment with changing food sources and seasons.

Edited by Sk8man