Cannon mag 20 manufacture date 1999

Cannon mag 20 manufacture date 1999

Here's what I have going on, motor like labors on the retrieve then the motor runs like hell then stops, before the balls at the surface. The rigger has that ion control plus 2 other areas that have pins to accept other pin type plugs. I removed the outer cover and took the motor out left wires attached. I found that one of the through bolts were very loose, AAAHH there's my problem, nope same deal. I took the motor apart all looks good, it seems like the motor isn't receiving the proper voltage. I put aux. power to motor and it spins like a tornado and will continue to spin freely. It has a circuit board, I've heard about those taking a dump. I have the same delemia in forward & reverse, I'll have to put some digital meters in place to see if there's a voltage drop. OOH I forgot to add it has auto stop. I thought I heard there's a way to eliminate the auto stop, which cures what problem?  Thanks for any help guys!!!  PAP

No I didn't but there was a big discussion about these circuit boards and some it was just a switch? Thanks guys I used the both and made 1 good one and I'll worry about that other one when I get back!! PAP.

Pap you can get diagrams off the fish 307 web site , I know quite a bit about the 10a nothing about the mag 20.

On the 10a you can fix them with a switch when the auto stop circuit board is shot, Three prog and 4 prog switches.

Maybe the same deal. I think when the auto stop board takes a dump you have to bring ball back up by hand....

5 hours ago, ERABBIT said:

Pap you can get diagrams off the fish 307 web site , I know quite a bit about the 10a nothing about the mag 20.

On the 10a you can fix them with a switch when the auto stop circuit board is shot, Three prog and 4 prog switches.

Maybe the same deal. I think when the auto stop board takes a dump you have to bring ball back up by hand....

Thanks Ed, mine doesn't have the touch pad same as mag10 just a beefy motor from what I see??

8 hours ago, pap said:

Thanks Ed, mine doesn't have the touch pad same as mag10 just a beefy motor from what I see??

If you still want to change to a non-auto stop switch......

Ok , so see how many prongs your switch has ( 3 or 4 ) then get the other one , wiring it is pretty basic . First unhook the circuit board in case it is OK. Then wire it up you can be wrong with wires only thing is you spool will go backwards so be ready for that..... 

Thanks Ed. I know the they had 3 spade switches, I knew I couldn't bypass that. 1=power 2=up 3=down, I was hoping there was 4 that way I could have tested for other power, maybe less power to trigger a auto stop. This was the case.