NYS Boat Launch at Pt. Breeze 6/06/017 update:

NYS Boat Launch at Pt. Breeze 6/06/017 update: Ramp still closed but now there is only about 6 inches of water covering the concrete bulk-heads. Ramp docks are nearly 100% dry. Temporary docks on the north side are all dry. 

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

I agree Olcott's done a great job. The state has twice the workforce and got the job done ( And Im sure has rescued some sure to be lost revenue) the state can't do anything! 

Olcott did do a goo job, We used it this past week end & all was fine.  Is the gate locked at pt. breeze?  I guess boots would work to launch & get on dock to get in boat.  Also a medium size bolt cutter fits about any size lock!

The concrete ramps have been under water. We were backing straight down with a guy in the boat. Fired her up & idled while I parked the rig. Walked to floating docks just to north of ramp & hopped in!. Debris was the only issue! We moved a few logs that had floated up to launch!

That would certainly circumvent the 'slippery foot' issue for guys that do not fish alone. As others have suggested, I'm sure that they could devise a temporary solution if they had any interest in helping us out. If it would only stop raining, another week might solve everything.

10 hours ago, dmd113 said:

The concrete ramps have been under water. We were backing straight down with a guy in the boat. Fired her up & idled while I parked the rig. Walked to floating docks just to north of ramp & hopped in!. Debris was the only issue! We moved a few logs that had floated up to launch!

Were you at the Black North on the East side or the state ramp on the West side?  My wife and I took a ride Sunday afternoon and the state ramp was locked with a gate going across the driveway so no one could drive down there.

• 2 months later...