i use to post every time i went fishing when i had my boat but now i fish on my buddies boat doing charters and tournaments so its not my place to post.  I still try to offer advice if i can when people have questions 

One of the main factors regarding the perceived lack of specific fishing reports probably relates to this seasons weather and flooding conditions this year especially on Lake O.  In many if not most cases folks haven't gotten out as much as usual as a result.

I agree, with 19 thousand members, it seems like the same few are the ones usually posting, and sharing information. It would be much more beneficial , and a better sight, if there were more members willing to chime in, post pictures and share your experience. Thank You for those that do. 

Ok, ok..I admit I haven't been post happy this year. Many I know haven't made it into the water. Because of lift availability.
Been a great start so far out of Rochester. Biggest salmon so far was 12lb. Very clean looking fish this year. Not a single lamprey yet. Happy Fishing. I'll post for Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wish I was fishing to post! This section used to be flooded with reports. Usually during tournament time the reports section is dismal at best. If you're on facebook follow Tom Allen's reports. He is very informative on what is working for him, not to mention he has one of the best programs on the lake only a few have out fished the man.

10 hours ago, rbtking618 said:

It is incredible to me how many people read posts and how few write them. In my opinion if you like to read you should also share some info. I think that is the purpose here, for everyone to benefit. Not looking for the extra super top secret, but if you take, you should also give.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

37 posts in 2 years

The boat is not in the water yet do to high water related docking and launching issues, so no reports yet this year.  Having said that not a big fan of a majority of us being "chastised" for not posting by a users with 37 and 100 posts.  You kind of get what you give.  Lots of people willing to help here, but you will find that they are more willing to do it out of kindness and being asked instead of being told its a responsibility.  I have never had an issue getting info from lake guys here.  Sometimes a PM is the way to go as guys don't always want thier reports to make them a target of follow the leader when they get on the water.

Edited by pvelyk

Have to launch from a bunk trailer dipping my truck  nearly to the doors, anyone know of a launch that is still steep with all this flooding?  Accidentally caught this night fishing for eyes in Erie.... sure was fun to fight.

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

On 6/6/2017 at 10:35 PM, rbtking618 said:

It is incredible to me how many people read posts and how few write them. In my opinion if you like to read you should also share some info. I think that is the purpose here, for everyone to benefit. Not looking for the extra super top secret, but if you take, you should also give.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think many topics are started by asking a question. Many members including Professionals chime in with information & tips on the subject. Members often add to reports if they have fished the same port on the same dates. I have found many members to be very helpful & informative. These same members speak at the various seminars & salmon schools around the lake. I have had many great learning  experiences when I have attended. These guys are good guys & will help anyone who asks!

Edited by dmd113

I have posted plenty before, but usually don't bother unless I have a good story to tell. This year I'm afraid all my stories will be about work and building a new garage.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I agree with everybody.
I'm from down in CT.
I read the site, read some more and then some more looking for what's happening around Mexico.
But, CT is a long way to tow a boat for a weekend, so I'm up there for a week once every couple years. When I'm there, I post.  Otherwise there's not much to say.  Looks like the lake is still high.  I'll be looking for info on the Mexico launch after I post this... But its up to Lake George for me next week.